Friday, May 31, 2019

Maria McKee - If Love Is a Red Dress - Non-Album Tracks (1994-1996)

It's been a long time since I've posted any Maria McKee music, but I definitely haven't forgotten her. So far, I've posted two albums of stray tracks and one album of acoustic versions. This is the next in the stray tracks series, covering 1994 to 1996. There will be a lot more to follow this, eventually.

I'm sure the most well known song on this album is the first one, "If Love Is a Red Dress," because it was featured in the movie "Pulp Fiction." Most of the remaining 11 songs are also officially released, with a bunch of them being B-sides. But four songs here are still unreleased. One is a studio outtake and the other three are from in-person radio station performances, so the sound of those are basically the same as studio recordings.

There's not much more to say except if you like McKee's music from the time period, you'll like this.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 If Love Is a Red Dress [Hang Me in Rags] (Maria McKee)
02 Hold Me Up (Chris Lizotte & Maria McKee)
03 The Plague (Maria McKee)
04 Anathema (Maria McKee)
05 Her I Shred (Maria McKee)
06 I'm in Love with My Car (Maria McKee)
07 Magdelaine (Maria McKee)
08 Ribbons (Maria McKee)
09 Amnesia Blues (Maria McKee)
10 At Your Feet (Maria McKee)
11 One Hand, One Heart (Maria McKee)
12 If You Were Still Around (Maria McKee)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848149/MariMcK_1994-1996_IfLovIsRedDrss_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used the cover of the "Breathe" single. I changed the text and colorized it from black and white to slightly red.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog through your Aimee Mann "Baby Blue" compilation. Now discovering your other gems. Wow! Great work squire. Another Sunday gone:)
    Chris Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. I love it whenever people like McKee's stuff. She's so underrated.

      Delete