Monday, May 13, 2019

Dusty Springfield - I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten - Non-Album Tracks (1968)

Dusty Springfield's statue has grown over the years, but her musical discography is still a mess. This is part of my effort to clean it up.

In the 1960s and early 1970s, she pretty much had a second career with all the songs she did on TV and radio. I made a seven album series on that called "On TV and Radio." I recommend you check it out if you haven't already, because almost all of it is still officially unreleased. But besides that, it turns out that many of her studio recordings never made it onto official albums at the time. There hasn't been any comprehensive archival releases to gather them all up either.

This album is a case in point. It gathers up all the stray tracks I could find from 1968. In my opinion, this album holds up with the official albums she put out around that time ("Dusty ... Definitely" in 1968 and the classic "Dusty in Memphis" in 1969). Seven of the 13 songs are A- or B-sides (plus an EP) that were released at the time, including the big hit "I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten." The rest came out years later on archival releases. You would have had to buy six different archival albums to get all the songs here!

This album is 36 minutes long.

01 Spooky (Dusty Springfield)
02 Sweet Ride (Dusty Springfield)
03 Meditation (Dusty Springfield)
04 Magic Garden (Dusty Springfield)
05 I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten (Dusty Springfield)
06 No Stranger Am I (Dusty Springfield)
07 I Will Come to You (Dusty Springfield)
08 The Colour of Your Eyes (Dusty Springfield)
09 Don't Speak of Love (Dusty Springfield)
10 Sweet Lover No More (Dusty Springfield)
11 It's Over (Dusty Springfield)
12 Wasn't Born to Follow (Dusty Springfield)
13 Midnight Sounds (Dusty Springfield)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15602636/DstySpr_1968_I_ClseMyEyesCounttoTn_atse.zip.html

The cover art this time is just the exact cover of the "I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten"singles cover. Actually, there were several different covers and I picked the one I liked the best.

2 comments:

  1. Great site! Could you provide a new link for this album?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed. Thanks for pointing out the dead links.

      Delete