Monday, May 27, 2019

Norah Jones - Sleepless Nights - Non-Album Tracks (2004-2005)

Once again, I'm impressed at how much better Norah Jones's stray tracks are compared to the songs on her official albums. The music is more spirited and varied. If you haven't this side to her career, what are you waiting for?

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again: I'm much more impressed with her sultry singing voice and general musical style than I am by her songwriting. On stray tracks albums like these, she excels by covering great songs. I haven't closely checked every song here, but all or nearly all of them are covers, and many are all-time classic songs.

There's not much else to say, except that the Foo Fighters collaboration sounds nothing like the Foo Fighters one hears on the radio. It's a cool song, but it has a bossa nova feel, of all things.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 Sleepless Nights (Norah Jones)
02 Virginia Moon (Foo Fighters with Norah Jones)
03 She (Norah Jones)
04 Transport, Part 1 (Suphala with Norah Jones)
05 Any Other Day (Wyclef Jean & Norah Jones)
06 Dear John (Ryan Adams & Norah Jones)
07 We're All in This Thing Together (Norah Jones)
08 Home of the Blues (Norah Jones)
09 Guess Things Happen That Way (Kris Kristofferson & Norah Jones)
10 I Shall Be Released (Bob Dylan & Norah Jones)
11 I Think It's Going to Rain Today (Norah Jones)
12 Tennessee Waltz (Bonnie Raitt & Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848826/NorahJ_2004-2005_SleeplssNights_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I found the cover I liked of an obscure live EP, apparently called "Norah Jones and the Handsome Band." It was something that was only released to radio stations in 2004, apparently. All I did was crop it, remove some text, and add the album title.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for updating the link. Please check the updated link it belongs to the post: 2001 Deceptively Yours - Various Songs.zip and not to the post: Norah Jones - Sleepless Nights - Various Songs

    COngrats
    W. Rizzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing. I just fixed the link again. Please check to make sure it's good this time.

      Delete
  2. Hello Friend.
    Now everything is fine. Thank you so much again.
    I found your blog on an internet search and I really liked it. Your posts and comments are really cool.
    Thank you.
    W. Rizzo

    ReplyDelete