Friday, May 31, 2019

Dusty Springfield - OoooooWeeee!!! - Alternate Version (1965)

As I've explained in other posts recently, Dusty Springfield's discography is very confusing for the first couple of years of her solo career, due to the haphazard way her songs were released. In short, the American and British albums were generally totally different, and some songs were released in the US and not Britain, and vice versa.

I'm considering her British albums the ones to get. So, if you want all of her 1965 studio recordings, you need to do two things. One, get her British album "Ev'rything's Coming Up Dusty." I'm not posting that here because it's fine as it is. Two, get this collection of stray tracks. I'm calling it "OoooooWeeee!!!" because that was the title of an American album in 1965 that gathered up many of her stray tracks. But this goes beyond that, and adds the rest of her stray tracks from that year.

By chance, this album ends up being very similar to her "Ev'rything's Coming Up Dusty." Both are 36 minutes long, and have 13 songs each. Both have some hit songs mixed in with lesser known album tracks. I'd say both are very comparable in terms of musical quality.

01 Some of Your Lovin' (Dusty Springfield)
02 Needle in a Haystack (Dusty Springfield)
03 Here She Comes (Dusty Springfield)
04 Now that You're My Baby (Dusty Springfield)
05 If Wishes Could Be Kisses (Dusty Springfield)
06 I'll Love You for a While (Dusty Springfield)
07 I Wanna Make You Happy (Dusty Springfield)
08 Your Hurtin' Kind of Love (Dusty Springfield)
09 I Want Your Love Tonight (Dusty Springfield)
10 Go Ahead On (Dusty Springfield)
11 I Will Always Want You (Dusty Springfield)
12 In the Middle of Nowhere (Dusty Springfield)
13 Heartbeat (Dusty Springfield)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15602634/DstySpr_1965_OoooooWAlternte_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used the cover to the US album "OoooooWeeee!!!" However, there was a problem in that all the song titles were listed on the cover, and the song list here is very different. Luckily, the song list was in an unimportant background area (below the word "Dusty" and behind her head), so I airbrushed the words away.

3 comments: