Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Judy Collins - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: In Concert, London, Britain, 7-3-1974

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a "BBC Sessions, Volume 1" album by Judy Collins here. But after a few days, it got taken down due to copyright issues. That surprised me, because I'm pretty sure it was all unreleased material. So we'll see if we get in trouble with this one. If so, Judy Collins music must be banned in general, because this is all unreleased too.

This comes from a BBC TV show called "In Concert." (This is confusing, because the BBC has tended to call all sorts of radio and TV programs "In Concert.) This particular show by that name ran from 1971 to 1974. I've posted a bunch of other concerts from the series, but I only recently found this one.

As I often do, I found this on YouTube. I converted the video to audio, then broke it into mp3s. So I believe this is the first time this has been shared as music files.

It's a short concert, as all the ones from that TV show are. But Collins filled it with most of her best known songs at that point in her career. Collins bootlegs are extremely few and far between, so let's hope this stays posted.

By the way, regarding her "BBC Sessions, Volume 1," if you look at that again and check the comments, you might see something you want:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2024/05/judy-collins-bbc-sessions-volume-1.html

01 Chelsea Morning (Judy Collins)
02 talk (Judy Collins)
03 Both Sides Now (Judy Collins)
04 talk (Judy Collins)
05 My Father (Judy Collins)
06 The Hostage (Judy Collins)
07 talk (Judy Collins)
08 Suzanne (Judy Collins)
09 Who Knows Where the Time Goes (Judy Collins)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16684715/JUDYCLLNS1974BBSssonsVlum2InCncrtLndnBrtin__7-3-1974_atse.zip.html

The cover is a screenshot from this exact concert. For the text, I also used the same font and colors as the opening credits. However, I added the bottom line of text, and came up with my own color for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment