Thursday, September 3, 2026

The Drive-By Truckers - Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY, 10-6-2017

I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the Drive-By Truckers. But I have a bootleg from them due to the April 2026 Capitol Theatre in Port Chester leak. This shown is very little known as an audio bootleg, so I thought I should share it.

Drive-By Truckers are an American rock band known for a mix of Southern rock, alternative country, and punk. They're also known for their lyrics, which often involves complex storytelling about the problems of the working class life. They've even been known to make entire concept albums. 

Being a political progressive myself, I especially like their political bent. Most of their songs aren't political. But at the time of this concert, their most recent album was one of their most overtly political. "American Band," released in 2016, addressed contemporary gun violence, race, and identity in the U.S. It probably was influenced by the rise of Donald Trump, although it came out a couple of months before he was elected president.

Here's their Wikipedia page, if you want to know more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive-By_Truckers 

I found a high quality video of this concert, thanks to the leak mentioned above. There's a somewhat lower quality version of it available on YouTube. I did my usual thing of converting the video to audio and then chopping it into mp3s. The video I worked from was missing the first six songs, however. But luckily I found that other version on YouTube, so I used that to fill in the missing songs. 

This concert took place just four days after Tom Petty died. Clearly, the band members were big fans. They played one of his songs, "The Waiting," and sang the lyrics to another, "Southern Accents," on top of somewhat different original music. They also played a Ramones song, "The KKK Took My Baby Away." The rest are originals.

This album is two hours and 12 minutes long.

01 talk (Drive-By Truckers)
02 Guns of Umpqua (Drive-By Truckers)
03 Ramon Casiano (Drive-By Truckers)
04 Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn (Drive-By Truckers)
05 72 [This Highway's Mean] (Drive-By Truckers)
06 Days of Graduation (Drive-By Truckers)
07 Ronnie and Neil (Drive-By Truckers)
08 Surrender Under Protest (Drive-By Truckers)
09 talk (Drive-By Truckers)
10 The Perilous Night (Drive-By Truckers)
11 A Ghost to Most (Drive-By Truckers)
12 The Living Bubba (Drive-By Truckers)
13 Panties in Your Purse (Drive-By Truckers)
14 The Waiting (Drive-By Truckers)
15 talk (Drive-By Truckers)
16 Filthy and Fried (Drive-By Truckers)
17 The Righteous Path (Drive-By Truckers)
18 Kinky Hypocrite (Drive-By Truckers)
19 The KKK Took My Baby Away (Drive-By Truckers)
20 Sink Hole (Drive-By Truckers)
21 talk (Drive-By Truckers)
22 Made Up English Oceans (Drive-By Truckers)
23 What It Means (Drive-By Truckers)
24 Birthday Boy (Drive-By Truckers)
25 Girls Who Smoke (Drive-By Truckers)
26 Marry Me (Drive-By Truckers)
27 Southern Accents - Ever South (Drive-By Truckers)
28 Three Dimes Down (Drive-By Truckers)
29 Let There Be Rock (Drive-By Truckers)
30 Zip City (Drive-By Truckers)
31 Hell No, I Ain't Happy (Drive-By Truckers)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/2NV1NYQS

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/oEhqH0kxU9iPJo1/file

The cover image is a screenshot I took from a video of this exact concert. 

1 comment:

  1. Not familiar at all, but convinced by your nice description. Will give it a try right now. Thanks for this one and all the other great concerts shared. With greetings from Paris,

    ReplyDelete