Monday, July 1, 2024

Woodstock '94, Winston Farm, Saugerties, NY, 8-12-1994 to 8-14-1994 - Day 3, Part 2: Gil Scott-Heron

The second album from Day Three of the Woodstock ‘94 Festival is a set by Gil Scott-Heron.

Note that I once tried to post an album by this artist and it got taken down due to copyright issues. So this one may not last here for long. But I’m trying to post it anyway in order to hopefully present the entire festival. Get it while you can.

Personally, I really like the music of this artist. He helped start rap music back in the early 1970s. His political and social commentary is very insightful. However, he was always more of a critical success than a commercial success. So that’s probably why he only had a relatively short set that also was early early on Day Three.

This album is 38 minutes long.

01 There's a War Going On (Gil Scott-Heron)
02 talk (Gil Scott-Heron)
03 Is That Jazz (Gil Scott-Heron)
04 The Bottle (Gil Scott-Heron)
05 talk (Gil Scott-Heron)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16770730/VA-WODSTCK94_8-14-1994_02GlScttHron_atse.zip.html

Alternate link:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/iJP3Qyh4

The cover photo is from this exact concert. It's a screenshot from a YouTube video, so the resolution is rather low.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I was wating for this set in particular. Also, do you have any interest in doing an album for his movie Live at Black wax? Been looking for a good rip to have that great version of Is that Jazz? that's at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the mid-80s Gil played Dundee, Scotland, my hometown. I bought a couple of tickets and took a friend of mine. He wondered why I wore a Celtic top, but when Gil came on stage, looked around at the crowd, and spotted me, I got a wave. He then told everyone that his father had played for Celtic in the late 50s. A fellow Dundonian, Michael Marra, wrote a song about Gil's father, 'Flight of the Heron,' on his album with his kids' band The Hazey Janes, 'Houseroom.' Try to find it, I'm sure you would enjoy it. Thanks for posting this gig, I'm actually wearing a t-shirt with his '1980' image.

    ReplyDelete