Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Tir Na Nog - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: Live: 1971-1972

I've been posting a lot of music by the Irish folk-rock duo Tir Na Nog, considering they only released three albums in their early 1970s heyday. Sadly, this is the fourth and last album of theirs I have to post. This contains all live material that was played by the BBC at the time.

This consists of two BBC concerts. Since they were relatively short, less than half an hour each, I've put them together. Luckily, all of the songs played were different. 

However, note that I screwed up a little bit. One song, "Spotlight," that I thought belonged here on close inspection was from a BBC studio session instead, so I've updated Volume 1 and put that there at the same time I'm posting this.

The first half of this album (tracks 1 to 13) is from a 1971 BBC concert. This was officially released on the album "Live 1970-'71." Weirdly though, the first song was left off that release. I found it on bootleg and added it in. The second half is a BBC concert that is from 1972. All of those songs are from the official album "Spotlight: BBC Recordings 1972-1973."

This album is 47 minutes long.

01 talk (Tir Na Nog)
02 Our Love Will Not Decay (Tir Na Nog)
03 talk (Tir Na Nog)
04 Daisy Lady (Tir Na Nog)
05 talk (Tir Na Nog)
06 Tir Na Nog (Tir Na Nog)
07 talk (Tir Na Nog)
08 Boat Song (Tir Na Nog)
09 talk (Tir Na Nog)
10 Aberdeen Angus (Tir Na Nog)
11 talk (Tir Na Nog)
12 Looking Up (Tir Na Nog)
13 talk (Tir Na Nog)
14 Come and See the Show (Tir Na Nog)
15 The Same Thing Happening (Tir Na Nog)
16 Teesside (Tir Na Nog)
17 It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry (Tir Na Nog)
18 Piccadilly (Tir Na Nog)
19 The Lady I Love (Tir Na Nog)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15634991/TirTaN_1971-1972_BBSessionsVolume2Lve_atse.zip.html

I found the cover art as part of the artwork for one of their albums (I forget which one).

9 comments:

  1. Just to alert you that the zippyshare link takes you to Volume 1 of the BBC Sessions..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also an extra track on this version of volume 1?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at work, can't download to confirm, but I notice that the links for the previous volume and this one do point to what's labelled as Vol. 1, but the sizes are different, so I presume the link for Vol. 2 that says Vol. 1 is actually Vol. 2, just mislabelled because of the track shift between the volumes. Of course, I can't prove that theory (as I also need to redownload the first volume as well) for another 9 hours LOL, but I'd bet that's what happened here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I get the picture now, after reading the text properly. An extra track has been added onto Vol 1, which is what the link is. It's just the link for Vol 2 that's not there yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I look, that does seem to be the case. I can download the zips, look in them, but I can't unpack them (admin rights, blahblah), so the link for Vol. 2 does lead to the redone Vol. 1.

      Delete
  5. Oops, I posted the wrong link. This should be the correct link now. And I fixed the link to Volume 1, so that has the extra song at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://megadodo.bandcamp.com/album/live-1970-71

      Ironically, the artwork is from the Live 1970-'71 that the top half of this Volume is made from, or at least that was the only other place I found it, but this could just be from the remastered version on Bandcamp.

      Delete
  6. Paul I want to warn you that Zippyshare is closing down its servers at the end of this month for good. Make sure to upload these files to Mega or some other platform, so we can still download all of these great alternate albums! Here is the link in case you haven't seen it: https://blog.zippyshare.com/?p=1211

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete