Monday, April 22, 2019

Paul Weller - Open Road - Non-Album Tracks (2014-2015)

If you've been following my Paul Weller posts, you'll know I've often alternated between full-band albums and all-acoustic albums. This is definitely the full-band kind. It's especially lively. 

As is usually the case, it contains some cover versions, including "I Take What I Want" "Things Get Better," and "[I'm A] Roadrunner." I've also included a version of one of his songs by the Jam that he rarely performs, "Start."

Most of the rest of the songs relate to Weller's 2015 album "Saturns Pattern." There are five bonus tracks from various versions of the album, as well as three B-sides of singles from the album. There's also a separately released A- and B-side, the songs "Brand New Toy" and "Landslide" respectively. (And by the way, "Landslide" is an original, not a cover of the Fleetwood Mac classic.) One song, "Let Me In," is a demo of a Weller original that he gave to Olly Murs for an album called "Never Been Better." The Weller version came out on the "Will of the People" compilation in 2022.

As a result of all that, this album has an unusually high number of originals, compared to other stray tracks albums of his that I've posted.

Note that I also included another cover, "I've Never Found a Girl (Who Loves Me like You Do)," on the previous Weller album I posted. But that was an all-acoustic album, and that was the acoustic version of the song. This is the full-band version.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 Start (Paul Weller)
02 Brand New Toy (Paul Weller)
03 I Take What I Want (Paul Weller)
04 Things Get Better (Paul Weller)
05 Landslide (Paul Weller)
06 Let Me In [Demo] (Paul Weller)
07 [I'm A] Roadrunner (Paul Weller)
08 Dusk Til Dawn (Paul Weller)
09 On Days like These (Paul Weller)
10 I Spy (Paul Weller)
11 Open Road (Paul Weller)
12 White Sky [Prof.Kybert vs. The Moons Remix] (Paul Weller)
13 I Work in the Clouds (Paul Weller)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16013646/PaulW_2014-2015_OpnRoad_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used what I think is a painting of Weller in concert in 2018. I just found it randomly on the Internet, so unfortunately I don't know who painted it or any other details.

2 comments: