Friday, June 8, 2018

Maria McKee - Sweetest Child - Non-Album Tracks (1993)

I posted a Maria McKee album here recently that essentially was a complimentary album to her first solo album, 1989's "Maria McKee." This is a complimentary album to her second solo album from 1993, the great "You Gotta Sin to Get Saved."

Like the previous album I posted, this is a studio album made up of demos, B-sides, live tracks (with crowd noise edited out), and the like. McKee is a great artist with a great voice, so of course this is great too. ;)

Only four of the songs are officially released. "Sweetest Child" is an A-side. "I Wish I Was Your Mother" and "This Thing (Don't Lead to Heaven)" are B-sides. "Opelousas (Sweet Relief)" is from a various artists tribute album. The rest are studio outtakes or from soundboard level quality bootlegs.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 Sweetest Child (Maria McKee)
02 Silver and Gold [Through the Master's Eyes] (Maria McKee)
03 My Blue Ridge Mountain Boy (Maria McKee)
04 My Old Flame [Acoustic] (Maria McKee)
05 I Wish I Was Your Mother (Maria McKee)
06 Opelousas [Sweet Relief] (Maria McKee)
07 Shake a Hand (Maria McKee)
08 This Thing Don't Lead to Heaven (Maria McKee)
09 Put It Off until Tomorrow [Acoustic] (Maria McKee & Emmylou Harris)
10 Nothing Takes the Place of You (Maria McKee)
11 Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (Maria McKee)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848151/MariMcK_1992-1993_SweetstChld_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used the cover of the "Sweetest Child" single. However, I found that cover disappointingly bland, since it mostly just featured the song title in big letters and McKee's name in much smaller letters, plus a doodle of a baby. It seems especially a shame not to include any picture of McKee, since she's quite pretty. So I did some rearranging and added in a photo of her from the "I'm Gonna Soothe You" single.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't 'The Way Young Lovers Do' from that other set a 1993-era outtake with the Jayhawks? It's an amazing, powerful one-take performance.

    ReplyDelete