Friday, September 18, 2020

Norah Jones - Home Concerts 7, New York City, 6-25-2020 to 7-2-2020

Norah Jones is tireless. She's been holding her weekly home concerts once a week with the regularity of a Swiss watch. It's been about six months, and I don't think she's missed one yet. I've been falling behind in posting these. This is number seven, but I already have material for eleven. So here at least is a start in getting caught up.

The main reason I've delayed posting this is because on July 10, 2020, instead of posting her home concert on YouTube as usual, she only made it available through something called "Amazon Live." They posted it publicly, but only for a few days, and I missed it. I was hoping to add that to this. But I eventually realized that three of the songs she played then she'd played at other home concerts. So I'm really only missing the song "Flame Twin," and she'll probably play that one in a home concert eventually. Still, if anyone has that "Amazon Live" recording, please let me know. 

This album is a bit short, at only 37 minutes. But I'd prefer not to split up her weekly home concerts, and adding four or so songs would make it longer than usual. 

In terms of musical content and sound quality, this is more of the same good stuff, like the other albums in this home concerts series. The songs are all Norah Jones originals, or covers that she's done on album (such as "The Grass Is Blue," originally by Dolly Parton). Two of the songs, "Heaven Above" and "Say No More," are from her 2020 album, and have never been played live for the public before.

01 The Grass Is Blue (Norah Jones)
02 Something Is Calling You (Norah Jones)
03 talk (Norah Jones)
04 Heaven Above (Norah Jones)
05 I've Got to See You Again (Norah Jones)
06 Wintertime (Norah Jones)
07 Take It Back (Norah Jones)
08 Say No More (Norah Jones)
09 I'll Be Gone (Norah Jones)
10 talk (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15634106/NorahJ_2020_HomeCncerts7__6-25-2020_to_7-2-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo is a screenshot taken from the first of the two home concerts here.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed these Norah Jones concerts. Simple unadorned musicality. She can sell out stadiums, but we get to hear her in her living room as if it's 1-to-1. The casualness is really charming. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Still missing that performance of Flame Twin.

    ReplyDelete