Sunday, October 6, 2019

Looking for Songs

In putting together music for this blog, I have to track down a lot of hard-to-find songs. There are some songs I've been looking for for at least a year, sometimes much longer, and I've never been able to find. This blog is totally free; I don't ask for any sort of compensation (although feedback comments are very much appreciated!). However, if you can help find any of these songs, it would be very appreciated.

Aimee Mann - "Swanee River" (a bonus track to the Mental Illness album)
Camera Obscura - "Not Got a Title Yet"
Camera Obscura - "Ultimate Summer Preview" (both songs from the 1997 Camera Obscura EP)
Kim Weston - "Title Song from Motion Picture 'Changes'" (A-side from 1969)
Imelda May - "Rock Around with Ollie Vee" (bonus track to "Listen to Me: Buddy Holly" tribute album)
The Pretenders - "Day Tripper" (unreleased, played live in 1981)

That's it, for now. My "want list" is constantly changing, but these all have been bothering me for a while. Most of them are officially released, so they should exist somewhere. Again, any help would be appreciated. If you have one or more of these and want to share, just leave a comment.

22 comments:

  1. I have Donovan's Bruied Treasures 1 & 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you? Wow. Could you post it here, using Zippyshare or something like that, or could you email it to me? That would be awesome! :)

      Delete
    2. i know how to use WeTransfer to a specific email :)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Thanks, I just got it. You rock! Now I can move forward with figuring out how to deal with Donovan's 1970s stuff. I plan to make some albums that separate the wheat from the chaff.

      Delete
  2. At the Steve Hoffman Music Forum, someone suggests that "I Think I'll Cry Out Loud" is not a Bobbie Gentry track, but rather a Realistics track. Although it shows up in Bobbie Gentry discographies, it's apparently not even entirely clear whether that disc actually exists.

    https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/bobbie-gentry-new-8cd-boxset-including-lost-albums.765515/page-42

    "I Think I'll Cry Out Loud isn't a Bobbie track, it's The Realistics. The versions of the single for Another Time, Another Place that I've seen have the stereo version on one side and the mono version on the other. I'm not sure Bobbie's song was ever paired with the Realistics song on the same disc - I've never seen one like that but I suppose it's possible because that sort of thing happened from time to time. I've seen at least one discography list it that way - probably in error, because the record numbers for the two songs are 1 digit different."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. Strange. That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  3. Searched thorough my collection. Sorry I can't help, good luck finding the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I have it and use it all the time. These songs aren't there. They've been on my Soulseek "wish list" for ages.

      Delete
  5. I should have the two Joe Jackson tracks within a couple of weeks; the two-disc Japanese version of 'The Fool' is on the way as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great. I look forward to hearing what you've got! :)

      Delete
    2. Did you get those songs yet?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Oops! I missed this. Thanks! I just sent you an email.

      Delete
  6. Did you ever find Swanee River by Aimee Mann? I'm looking for it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I emailed again asking about it because I didn't get a response last time (I had asked two questions and they only answered one). I will definitely let you know if I hear back! I'm still super keen to find it, too ;_;

      Delete
  7. If I ever find it I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete