Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Rolling Stones - Not Fade Away - Non-Album Tracks (1964)

Having just posted a Carpenters album, I need to post a real rock and roll album to try to restore my shattered musical credibility. ;)

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Rolling Stones are inadequately represented on their official British albums, and no year shows that more clearly than 1964. I'm assuming you own "The Rolling Stones," the only officially released British album that year. It turns out there are so many stray tracks that I've had to make THREE more albums for that year, all of them about the same length of the official one (which means 33 minutes, give or take a minute or two).

Here's the first of the three. This collects the stray tracks from the early part of the year. It's the usual mix of stray track sources, such as singles, BBC recordings, rarity collections, and so on. Three of the tracks are still unreleased, though you wouldn't know based on the song and sound quality. Although one song, "Andrew's Blues," has some rather explicit sexual language that easily explains why it still hasn't been released!

The tracks are in rough chronological order, with a few exceptions.

01 Not Fade Away (Rolling Stones)
02 Bye Bye Johnny (Rolling Stones)
03 Money [That's What I Want] (Rolling Stones)
04 You Better Move On (Rolling Stones)
05 Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind (Rolling Stones)
06 Try a Little Harder (Rolling Stones)
07 Cops and Robbers (Rolling Stones)
08 Andrew's Blues [Song for Andrew] (Rolling Stones with Gene Pitney)
09 Beautiful Delilah (Rolling Stones)
10 Don't Lie to Me (Rolling Stones)
11 High-Heeled Sneakers (Rolling Stones)
12 Tell Me Baby (Rolling Stones)
13 I'm Moving On (Rolling Stones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15256426/TRollngS_1964a_NotFdeAway_atse.zip.html

I named this album "Not Fade Away" in part so I could use the artwork from the single by that name for the cover art. There were several different versions to choose from, most of which looked bad. I was left to one by default. Of the one I chose, I removed the B-side information and increased to size of the words "Not Fade Away" to compensate for the empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment