Saturday, May 19, 2018

Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven - Non-Album Tracks (1988-1990)

If you don't know who Maria McKee is, you're missing out. She's got an incredible voice and all around songwriting and musical talent, but she's never gotten the success she's deserved.

A lot of her best songs have never appeared on any of albums, so as usual, I'm gathering up stray tracks. Most of these are acoustic, based on piano and/or guitar. A few are live tracks that sound like pristine studio quality where I've edited out the clapping. There are a few rocking tracks at the front, plus her fluke hit "Show Me Heaven" at the end.

All of the songs here are officially unreleased, except for the last two. "Everybody Loves a Winner" is a bonus track from a U2 album, since it's a duet with U2, and "Show Me Heaven" is from a movie soundtrack.

This album is 50 minutes long.

01 Wicked Storm [Demo] (Maria McKee)
02 If the Sky Falls Down [Demo] (Maria McKee)
03 Pocket Full of Change [Demo] (Maria McKee)
04 Make Me Want You (Maria McKee)
05 He's Right on Time (Maria McKee)
06 Troubled Waters (Maria McKee)
07 Don't Toss Us Away [Acoustic Version] (Maria McKee)
08 Wheels [Acoustic Version] (Maria McKee)
09 Hickory Wind (Maria McKee)
10 Hold Me (Maria McKee)
11 Promise You Anything (Maria McKee)
12 Everybody Loves a Winner (U2 & Maria McKee)
13 Show Me Heaven (Maria McKee)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848150/MariMcK_1988-1991_ShowMeHeavn_atse.zip.html

I got lucky with the cover. All of the various covers for her "Show Me Heaven" single showed a picture of Tom Cruise from the "Days of Thunder" movie the song was featured in, but this one version took a totally different approach.

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Maria. From the first Lone Justice album. The second LJ album and the first solo album still get regular play time. Thanks. (I think I used that same cover for my favorites playlist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Maria Mckee albums. I am a big fan, but everyone I know has never heard of her. Seriously. I have never heard her do anything bad. I hit a few other artists as you will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you again. ;) McKee is great. I hope that some people checking out this blog will see the general quality of the musicians I post about, and try out some they might not be familiar with, such as her.

      Delete
    2. One thing I like to do is play "Show Me Heaven" and follow it with; "I've Forgotten What Is Was In You". From trembling vulnerability to cold indifference. Amazing!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete