Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Rolling Stones - December's Children (And Everybody's) - Alternate Version (1965)

I continue with gathering the Rolling Stones' stray tracks.

For 1964, I had no make no less than three albums of stray tracks. With 1965, it's down to just one. But in my opinion, the quality is significantly higher. In 1964, the Stones were recording lots of covers of blues songs. But this album mostly contains songs they wrote themselves, including some big classics.

I made this an alternate version of "December's Children (And Everybody's)" - despite the unweildy title - because that was a 1965 US album that gathered up some stray tracks. But it's only a loose association, because a mere five of the 14 tracks here were on that album. Still, it gives me a title and album art to use.

01 [I Can't Get No] Satisfaction (Rolling Stones)
02 The Spider and the Fly (Rolling Stones)
03 The Last Time (Rolling Stones)
04 Play with Fire (Rolling Stones)
05 Fannie Mae (Rolling Stones)
06 I'd Much Rather Be with the Boys (Rolling Stones)
07 One More Try (Rolling Stones)
08 Get Off of My Cloud (Rolling Stones)
09 The Singer Not the Song (Rolling Stones)
10 Look What You've Done (Rolling Stones)
11 As Tears Go By (Rolling Stones)
12 Blue Turns to Grey (Rolling Stones)
13 I'm All Right (Rolling Stones)
14 Crawdad (Rolling Stones)

https://www.imagenetz.de/gbyS4

The cover is exactly the same as the official album version. However, to differentiate things a bit, I tinted it blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment