Friday, May 25, 2018

Dusty Springfield - On TV and Radio, Volume 2: 1966

Here's the second of the Dusty Springfield TV and radio series, so you can see where I'm going with this.

Sometimes, it's a real pleasure how neatly things come together. This is one of those times for me. It turns out there's just enough music to make an album between 35 and 50 minutes long for most of the albums in this series. I couldn't have planned it any better if I'd tried.

Note that I did quite a lot of editing on the songs in all the albums of this series. But I didn't edit the songs, just the applause. Most of the songs end with applause, but the recording is often abruptly cut off just as the clapping begins. So I often took applause from some other track and edited it in to allow the song to come to a natural sounding conclusion, instead of having all those abrupt cuts.

The song "We're Doing Fine" is different. That one merits "[Edit]" in the title, because a BBC DJ talked over the intro, but I wiped out his voice while keeping the underlying music.

Only three of the songs here are officially released: "We're Doing Fine," "I'll Never Stop Loving You," and "I Don't Want to Go On without You."

This album is 45 minutes long.

UPDATE: On January 31, 2024, I updated the mp3 download file. All the songs are the same, but I used the MVSEP audio editing program to remove more of the crowd noise and hopefully improve the sound quality a bit.

01 We're Doing Fine [Edit] (Dusty Springfield)
02 Shake (Dusty Springfield)
03 Something about You (Dusty Springfield)
04 The Olive Tree (Dusty Springfield)
05 Dat Dere (Dusty Springfield with Dudley Moore)
06 Oh, Look at Me Now (Dusty Springfield)
07 Take Me in Your Arms [Rock Me a Little While] (Dusty Springfield)
08 The Real Thing (Dusty Springfield)
09 The Wayfaring Stranger (Dusty Springfield)
10 I'll Never Stop Loving You (Dusty Springfield)
11 Tell All the World about You (Dusty Springfield)
12 Call Me Irresponsible (Dusty Springfield)
13 I Don't Want to Go On without You (Dusty Springfield with Madeline Bell & Lesley Duncan)
14 [You Got] The Power of Love (Dusty Springfield)
15 Gonna Build a Mountain (Dusty Springfield)
16 You Lost the Sweetest Boy (Dusty Springfield)
17 Anna [El Negro Zumbon] (Dusty Springfield & Tom Springfield)
18 To Love and Be Loved (Dusty Springfield)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16224772/DUSTYSPRNGFLD1966_OnTVndRdioVlum2_atse.zip.html

I don't know exactly where or when the cover photo is from, but I'm guessing it's about 1966.

4 comments:

  1. This album, and I think some others, link to the old version you did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fixed the link. If you know of any others that are messed up, please tell me so I can fix em.

      Delete
    2. 1963-1966 Alternate TV and Radio Performances
      1966-1968 Alternate TV and Radio Performances
      1969-1973 Alternate TV and Radio Performances
      and 1970-1971 On TV and Radio

      Delete