Sunday, May 27, 2018

Dusty Springfield - On TV and Radio, Volume 3: 1967

Here's the next in my series of Dusty Springfield albums based on her TV and radio appearances.

I can't emphasize enough that all the songs were never done by her on any studio recordings. It really as if she had an entire secret second career in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

The sound quality on these albums is pretty good, considering that I used lots of different sources. Occasionally, I decided not to use a song due to poor sound quality, such as with a cover of "Stop Her on Sight (S.O.S.)."

Only six of the songs on this album were officially released: "The Water Is Wide," "Peel Me a Grape," "[Love Is like A] Heat Wave," "I Wish You Love," "Nowhere to Run," and "My Lagan Love." All of these come from the "Goin' Back" box set.

This album is 46 minutes long, which is an ideal length for the era.

01 The Water Is Wide (Dusty Springfield)
02 Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (Dusty Springfield)
03 Soulville (Dusty Springfield)
04 Get Ready (Dusty Springfield)
05 The Beautiful Land (Dusty Springfield)
06 Can'’t We Be Friends - Pick Yourself Up - Let'’s Get Away from It All (Dusty Springfield & Mel Torme)
07 Maria Christina (Dusty Springfield & Jose Feliciano)
08 You Can Have Him (Dusty Springfield)
09 Peel Me a Grape (Dusty Springfield)
10 By Myself (Dusty Springfield)
11 Two Brothers (Dusty Springfield)
12 Baby, Baby, Baby (Dusty Springfield & Tom Jones)
13 You Better Run (Dusty Springfield)
14 [Love Is like A] Heat Wave (Dusty Springfield)
15 I Wish You Love (Dusty Springfield)
16 Good Times (Dusty Springfield)
17 Nowhere to Run (Dusty Springfield)
18 My Lagan Love (Dusty Springfield)
19 The Mood I'm In (Dusty Springfield)
20 Anything You Can Do (Dusty Springfield & Freddie Paris)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15833921/DstySpr_1967_OnTVRdioVolme3_atse.zip.html

I don't know when the cover is from exactly, but I'm guessing around 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment