Friday, May 19, 2023

Bowie and Clapton Updates

Here's news of a couple of updates, so you won't miss them.

I've recently posted some albums where the sound quality was improved by a person with the nickname of Captain Acid. I imagine I'll post more like that, because he's done very good work. One of his edits is of a Derek and the Dominos concert I've already posted, at the Marquee Club in London, in August 1970. Here's the link:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2021/11/derek-dominos-marquee-club-london.html

It's one of my favorite concert recordings by the band, because the set list is different from most other live recordings by them, and because the sound quality is better than most of the others too. I've replaced the version I posted back in 2021 with the improved Captain Acid version. I also made some improvements to that. The sound quality is still a bit rough, but now I think it might be the best sounding live recording by the band other than the Fillmore East ones, which admittedly are a quantum leap better.

The second update I want to point out is from the David Bowie stray tracks album "Who Can I Be Now." I've only added two songs, but they're really good, unreleased Bowie originals: "I Am a Laser (The Gouster)" and "Shilling the Rubes." I'd had an incomplete version of one of them, but these are the complete versions, with excellent sound quality. Here's the link for that one:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2019/03/david-bowie-who-can-i-be-now-various.html

No comments:

Post a Comment