Monday, May 29, 2023

Larkin Poe - Porch Pickin', Episode 3, Nashville, TN, 2-13-2021

When I recently posted a Larkin Poe album, I noted that I hadn't had anything new to post from them in a long time (at least a year) due to not having anything with worthy sound quality. But then I realized that that wasn't entirely true. In late 2020 and early 2021, they did four podcasts which they called "Porch Pickin'." They're somewhat repetitive, since they were all done to promote their 2020 album "Kindred Spirits." I think Episode 3 is the most interesting, since they did some unusual songs, so I'm posting that here.

I edited this quite a lot. There's a lot of talking between songs, and I edited that down quite a bit. There were lots of shout outs to supporters who were donating as the podcast went on, and I cut out nearly all of that. There also was some conversation that just wasn't that interesting and also got the cut. 

I also edited two songs, "Heart of Gold" and "Can't Help Falling in Love." These are covers of famous songs by Neil Young and Elvis Presley respectively. In both cases, they didn't really know the songs, and were just giving them a try based on suggestions from viewers. I edited out some of their mistakes, which is why both those songs have "[Edit]" in their titles. By the way, neither of those songs were done in their "Tip O' the Hat" series (or anywhere else I know of), although the other covers here, "You Can Close Your Eyes," "Bell Bottom Blues," and "Wildflowers," are.

I'm only planning on posting this episode. However, I might be persuaded to post one or more of the other three if there's enough interest. You can watch all four of them on YouTube.

This album is 48 minutes long.

01 talk (Larkin Poe)
02 Back Down South (Larkin Poe)
03 talk (Larkin Poe)
04 Tears of Blue to Gold (Larkin Poe)
05 talk (Larkin Poe)
06 Stubborn Love (Larkin Poe)
07 talk (Larkin Poe)
08 You Can Close Your Eyes (Larkin Poe)
09 talk (Larkin Poe)
11 Bell Bottom Blues (Larkin Poe)
12 talk (Larkin Poe)
13 Heart of Gold [Edit] (Larkin Poe)
14 talk (Larkin Poe)
15 Wildflowers (Larkin Poe)
16 talk (Larkin Poe)
17 Can't Help Falling in Love [Edit] (Larkin Poe)
18 talk (Larkin Poe)
19 Easy Street (Larkin Poe)
20 talk (Larkin Poe)
21 Might as Well Be Me (Larkin Poe)
22 talk (Larkin Poe)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15284695/LarkinP_2021b_PrchPickinEpsode3NshvilleTN__2-13-2021_atse.zip.html

Someone made a cover image for the YouTube videos of these, posted to the official Larkin Poe YouTube page. I took that cover image and cropped it. I also squished all the text horizontally, since the original cover was significantly wider. I added in the date as well.

1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough. love these two talented women, thank you Paul. Regards Giovanni. Ciao

    ReplyDelete