Friday, May 5, 2023

Joan Osborne - Pull My String - Non-Album Tracks (2013-2015)

Here's the next stray tracks album from Joan Osborne.

This one has something special. A kind person who wishes to remain anonymous sent me a couple of songs that are outtakes from a 2015 recording session: "Pull My String" and "Fingerprints." I'm pretty sure they've never been publicly available anywhere before, until here and now. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they're originals, since I don't recognize them as covers. They're pretty good songs, so it's a mystery why they were never put on one of her albums.

Most of the other songs here are also unreleased, but they're generally covers of well known songs. Three of the songs have been released, and come from tribute albums: "Baby Don't You Do It (Don't Do It)," "Late for the Sky," and "Glory Days." All the others have excellent sound quality, even though some of them are from concert bootlegs.

There are three bonus tracks, which also come from concert bootlegs. The first couple of years of this blog, I probably would have included them, because their sound quality is decent. But I think I've raised my standards a bit since then, and they don't quite make the cut.

This album is 42 minutes long, not including the bonus tracks.

01 That's Where It's At (Joan Osborne & the Holmes Brothers)
02 Baby Don't You Do It [Don't Do It] (David Bromberg & Joan Osborne)
03 [Just Like] Starting Over (Joan Osborne)
04 Late for the Sky (Joan Osborne)
05 My Word Is My Bond (Joan Osborne & the Holmes Brothers)
06 Tomorrow Never Knows (Joan Osborne)
07 Pull My String (Joan Osborne)
08 Glory Days (Waybacks with Joan Osborne)
09 Fingerprints (Joan Osborne)

Let It Be Me [Edit] (Joan Osborne & Richard Thompson)
Respect Yourself (Joan Osborne & Shovels & Rope)
Tracks of My Tears (Joan Osborne & Keb Mo)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15202830/JoanO_2013-2015_PllMyStrng_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken at the Santa Anita Park Racetrack in Arcadia, California, on November 2, 2013. Originally, there was a microphone to the side of her head, but I used Photoshop to erase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment