Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Norah Jones - Home Concerts 5, New York City, 5-28-2020 to 6-11-2020

At this point, I almost feel embarrassed that I'm posting so many Norah Jones albums lately, when there's so many other artists to get to. But that's just due to the coincidence that I've been fixing her previous albums I've posted due to a big fan sharing more of her music with me, and that she's been very busy playing home concerts, and I want to keep up with that. This is an example of the latter.

I'm happy to report that Jones keeps on going and going like the Energizer bunny when it comes to home concerts. She typically does one show of about four songs per week, but sometimes she does two. This album is a compilation of three different home concerts.

Unfortunately, the first one, which consists of the first four songs, wasn't miked well. The piano is louder than the vocals. I've increased the volume slightly on that one relative to the rest of album so you can hear her vocals well, but that means the piano is extra loud too. I don't see any way to fix that.

Otherwise, this is the same ol' good stuff, just like her other home concerts. This time around, virtually all the songs are ones that have appeared on her albums. But one notable exception is the song I've titled "Light Wind Blowing," which is a brand new original. In terms of content, it seems to be a commentary about the recent murder of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement and protests in general, so that's interesting.

Generally speaking, I like to make these albums around 45 minutes long. This one is 47 minutes long.

01 My Heart Is Full (Norah Jones)
02 Black (Norah Jones)
03 Bessie Smith (Norah Jones)
04 Nightingale (Norah Jones)
05 Peace (Norah Jones)
06 Fleurette Africaine [African Flower] [Instrumental] (Norah Jones)
07 Light Wind Blowing (Norah Jones)
08 Don't Know Why (Norah Jones)
09 It's Gonna Be (Norah Jones)
10 Not Too Late (Norah Jones)
11 Don't Be Denied (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15634025/NorahJ_2020_HomeCncerts5__5-28-2020_to_6-11-2020_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I could have gone with an image of her playing the piano or guitar from one of her recent home concerts. But I've done that for all her other home concert albums, and that gets a little bit repetitive. Instead, she made an appearance on the "Today" show in early May 2020, so I used a photo from that.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget about lucinda ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mention that. I almost posted a second home concert from her the other day. But sadly, the audio quality wasn't good enough for me. If you're interested though, you can watch it here:

      https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2353463864948192

      Delete