Friday, June 5, 2020

Norah Jones - Going, Going, Gone - Non-Album Tracks (2004)

Phew! I thought I'd found all, or nearly all, of the good Norah Jones stray tracks out there. I was so very, very wrong! I was contacted by a big Norah Jones fan named Jorge who alerted me to dozens and dozens of additional songs that I'd missed. Jorge is such a fan that I think I finally have 99% of her stray tracks that are worth posting. But this means that I have to significantly revamp nearly all of the albums I've posted already.

In fact, there are so many songs that I had missed that I need to squeeze in a couple of new albums between previously posted albums in order to continue to present them all in rough chronological order. This is the first of those albums.

Only three of the songs here are songs that I haven't posted before - "Dreams Come True," "What Would I Do without You," and "Going, Going, Gone." The vast majority, eight, are from the next album in this series, the one I call "Sleepless Nights." That one will remain, with the same title, but the contents will be drastically different. One other song, "I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)," is from "Day Dreaming," the previous album in this series.

If you're a fan of these albums at all, I highly recommend you just redownload the whole lot of her stray tracks albums. That way, you'll make sure you don't have the same song on two albums, or other such problems.

This album is 45 minutes long.

01 I Turned Your Picture to the Wall (Norah Jones)
02 I Got It Bad [And That Ain't Good] (Dayna Kurtz & Norah Jones)
03 Dreams Come True (Willie Nelson & Norah Jones)
04 Here We Go Again (Ray Charles & Norah Jones)
05 What Would I Do without You (Norah Jones)
06 Streets of Baltimore (Norah Jones)
07 Cry One More Time (Norah Jones)
08 That's the Way that the World Goes 'Round (Norah Jones & Richard Julian)
09 Life Is a Carnival (Norah Jones)
10 Loretta (Norah Jones with Gillian Welch & David Rawlings)
11 Drown in My Own Tears (Norah Jones)
12 Going, Going, Gone (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848553/NorahJ_2004_GoingGoingGne_atse.zip.html

The album cover comes from an appearance on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" TV show in July 2004.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing, especially the cover of her singing Dylan's title song. Do you have her cover of "Every Grain of Sand"? I have been looking for a clean copy of that forever. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you mention that, because I do. I don't have a "clean" copy - I just took the version from YouTube. But I did a lot of editing with it to make it sound better. I'm planning on posting that later today, as I continue to update the albums.

      Delete
    2. I just updated the album that now has that song on it. It's the one called "Fall Away." (I used to call it "Picture in a Frame.")

      Delete
  2. PS Did you check out Amanda Shires/Jason Isbell's I So Lounging shows on youtube? Amanda is one of the Highwomen with Brandi Carlile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norah Jones and Keith Richards did a great duet on a version of 'Love Hurts' for the Gram Parsons Tribute Concert in July 2004.

    I did not see the song on any of the your albums, so I thought I make sure that you were aware of it.

    ReplyDelete