Wednesday, June 10, 2020

KT Tunstall - At Home with Olivia, Home Concert, Los Angeles, CA, 5-10-2020

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a recent KT Tunstall home concert. I did that even though I had to admit that I wasn't that familiar with her songs beyond those on her 2007 debut album. Well, I was so impressed by her concert that I've gone back and listen to more of her records, and I like what I hear. I think she's very underrated.

So I'm posting this, which is a more recent home concert. Tunstall has been unusually busy during the pandemic lockdown, but that's mostly playing a couple of songs here and there for various radio or Internet shows. There are only two instances I know of so far where she's played a significantly longer home concert. I posted the first one already, and this is the second.

I wouldn't post this except for the fact that the song list is significantly different. Not surprisingly, she played her two big hits, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and "Suddenly I See," in both shows. But other than that, the only song played in both is "Heal Over." I think that's a sign of the depth of her musical discography already in her career.

All the songs in the show are originals. However, as I did with the last show, I've added a cover song to sweeten the pot for those not familiar with her material. I've put "The Boys of Summer," the 1980s Don Henley classic, at the start. It's from another recent home concert, but one where she only played a song or two for a radio show.

I found two songs from a different home concert performance she did that I thought were worth adding here, since I didn't have any better place to put them. One is an original song about staying safe during the coronavirus pandemic called "Wash Ya Hands." I think it's a fun song that deserves to be a hit, and yet gets its serious message across at the same time. The other, "The Rhythm of the Night," is a cover of a 1983 hit song by the Italian dance group Corona. It's totally transformed by Tunstall playing it in solo acoustic format.

By the way, regarding the title "At Home with Olivia," there's no person named Olivia playing on this recording. Apparently, that's the name of a cooking show that has been putting on a series of musical home concerts during the pandemic.

Thanks to the two extra songs at the beginning, and two more at the end, the album as a whole is now 58 minutes long.

01 talk (KT Tunstall)
02 Boys of Summer (KT Tunstall)
03 talk (KT Tunstall)
04 Run on Home (KT Tunstall)
05 talk (KT Tunstall)
06 Other Side of the World (KT Tunstall)
07 talk (KT Tunstall)
08 Little Red Thread (KT Tunstall)
09 talk (KT Tunstall)
10 The Girl and the Ghost (KT Tunstall)
11 talk (KT Tunstall)
12 Saving My Face (KT Tunstall)
13 talk (KT Tunstall)
14 Funnyman (KT Tunstall)
15 talk (KT Tunstall)
16 Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall)
17 talk (KT Tunstall)
18 [Still A] Weirdo (KT Tunstall)
19 talk (KT Tunstall)
20 Dark Side of Me (KT Tunstall)
21 talk (KT Tunstall)
22 Heal Over (KT Tunstall)
23 talk (KT Tunstall)
24 Suddenly I See (KT Tunstall)
25 talk (KT Tunstall)
26 Wash Ya Hands (KT Tunstall)
27 The Rhythm of the Night (KT Tunstall)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15260793/KTTnstl_2020b_AtHmeOliviaHomConcrt_LsAnglesCA__5-10-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo is a screenshot from the concert in question.

1 comment:

  1. Delighted you've caught on to KT. I saw her do a live in-store at Tower Records in Sherman Oaks, Calif., when her first album came out, and she was amazing. I've been a huge fan ever since; she's not only a great performer, but just exudes likability. Thanks for posting this one; I've seen a lot of her lockdown shows but missed this one.

    ReplyDelete