Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Jam - Band Demos, Volume 2: 1979-1982

I just posted a collection of band demos by the Jam covering the years 1977 and 1978. This is the continuation of that, covering the years 1979 to 1982, which was the end of the band. Please read my post for the earlier album to get a more detailed explanation. But the short version is that these are all full band demos, different performances that the final studio versions.

There's not much else to say that I didn't say last time, except that I think this is a stronger album, due to band leader Paul Weller's songwriting steadily improving.

As with the other band demos album, all of the performances here have been officially released. They come from five different sources, with most of them being from deluxe and super deluxe versions of their studio albums.

01 That's Entertainment (Jam)
02 See-Saw (Jam)
03 Girl on the Phone (Jam)
04 Private Hell (Jam)
05 Strange Town (Jam)
06 The Butterfly Collector (Jam)
07 When You're Young (Jam)
08 Boy About Town (Jam)
09 Pretty Green (Jam)
10 Start (Jam)
11 But I'm Different Now (Jam)
12 We've Only Started [Early Version of Tales from the Riverbank] (Jam)
13 Precious (Jam)
14 A Solid Bond in Your Heart (Jam)
15 Just Who Is the 5 O'Clock Hero (Jam)
16 Shopping (Jam)
17 The Planner's Dream Goes Wrong (Jam)

https://www.imagenetz.de/f2r5v

The cover art photo depicts the band in concert in Chicago in 1982.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for The Jam. They were one of the great bands. Any chance of any Style Council gems in your collection :-) Thanks again for all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to think about the Style Council. I like some of their stuff, but I consider that the weakest part of Paul Weller's career. I have a stray tracks album of their stuff I could post, at least.

      Delete