Saturday, February 22, 2020

Robyn Hitchcock - Goodnight Oslo & Propellor Time - Acoustic Versions (2009-2010)

Here's another acoustic album from Robyn Hitchcock. I've posted two main kinds of acoustic albums from him: live cover versions, and all acoustic versions of the songs from each of his albums. This is the second kind.

Except the two albums in question, "Goodnight Oslo" from 2009 and "Propellor Time" from 2010, weren't that popular and he didn't play the songs from them in concert all that much. Thus, I've had to combine the songs from the two albums to create one album that's 40 minutes long. The first six songs are from "Goodnight Oslo," out of ten songs on that album. The remaining four songs are from "Propellor Time," out of the ten songs from that album. If you know of acoustic versions from any songs that I've missed, please let me know and I'll add them in.

All the performances are from bootlegs. That said, the sound quality is very good for all of them, to my ears. The first song was done in the studio and the rest were from concerts. But for the live ones, I stripped the audience cheering, as I usually do with these sorts of albums.

One advantage to this album is it serves as a kind of "best of" for these two albums, since he only played his favorites from them in concert.

01 What You Is (Robyn Hitchcock)
02 Saturday Groovers (Robyn Hitchcock)
03 I'm Falling (Robyn Hitchcock)
04 Hurry for the Sky (Robyn Hitchcock)
05 Up to Our Nex (Robyn Hitchcock)
06 Goodnight Oslo (Robyn Hitchcock)
07 Luckiness (Robyn Hitchcock)
08 Ordinary Millionaire (Robyn Hitchcock)
09 Propellor Time [Solo Electric Version] (Robyn Hitchcock)
10 Born on the Wind (Robyn Hitchcock)
11 Evolve (Robyn Hitchcock)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15272983/RobynH_2010b_GoodnightOlsPropellrTimeAcousticVersions_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I decided to use some artwork drawn by Hitchcock.I have no idea what this drawing is of, or what it's called, or when it's from. If anyone does know, please tell me. But I like it, and I figure it's the sort of thing he'd put on covers sometimes. I added the color in the background to jazz it up a bit.

4 comments:

  1. https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/UfxcnLMh/file.html

    The links for downloading don't work for me, am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't work for people in some European countries. You can try a VPN (virtual private network). Another option is that all my albums are available through Soulseek as well.

      Delete
  2. thanks, I don't know Soulseek but assume you mean http://www.slsknet.org/
    What do i search for as searching for Robyn Hitchcock gives no return..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, it's SoulseekQT. Try this:

      https://www.soulseekqt.net/news/

      There should be a mountain of Hitchcock stuff there.

      Delete