Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The Everly Brothers - Sveriges Radio, Karlaplan Studios, Stockholm, Sweden, 4-22-1965

In my search for BBC recordings for the Everly Brothers, I came across this. I posted their 1960s BBC sessions a while back, but I forgot to post this one. Happily, I noticed that it hadn't been posted while fixing broken links recently.

This is very similar to a BBC studio session, except it was done for a Swedish radio station in 1965. The Everly Brothers played a short concert set list without an audience. However, there was a twist: after the recording was done, Don Everly went back and recorded some comments between the songs and sometimes over the songs. I left all of those in. (I don't have the same dislike for talking over the music if it's done by the actual artist and not a DJ.) I don't know why the comments are only from Don and not his brother Phil too, but it is what it is.

The good news is the sound quality is excellent. I've noticed a bunch of Swedish radio shows that were recorded and preserved with great sound quality, and this fits right into that.

The one downside is this is rather short, at only 30 minutes. But I figured I should present it exactly as it is, with no additions or edits, since it's all linked together by Don Everly's comments.

01 Lucille (Everly Brothers)
02 Susie Q (Everly Brothers)
03 talk (Everly Brothers)
04 Raunchy [Instrumental] (Everly Brothers)
05 talk (Everly Brothers)
06 Walk Right Back (Everly Brothers)
07 talk (Everly Brothers)
08 Bye Bye Love (Everly Brothers)
09 Gone, Gone, Gone (Everly Brothers)
10 talk (Everly Brothers)
11 Untitled Instrumental (Everly Brothers)
12 talk (Everly Brothers)
13 I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town (Everly Brothers)
14 talk (Everly Brothers)
15 Bird Dog (Everly Brothers)
16 talk (Everly Brothers)
17 So Sad [To Watch Good Love Go Bad] (Everly Brothers)
18 Lucille (Everly Brothers)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15107890/TEverlyB_1965_SverigeRadioKarlaplanStudiosStockholmSweden__4-22-1965.zip.html

The cover photo is from an appearance on the "Thank You Lucky Stars" TV show in 1965.

2 comments: