Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Norah Jones - Fragile - Non-Album Tracks (2001-2002)

In 2002, the debut album of Norah Jones was released, called "Come Away with Me." It was a huge hit, to put it mildly, selling nearly 30 million albums worldwide. In 2022, a 20th anniversary deluxe edition was released. That contained a bunch of previously unreleased songs. There were enough for a new album of these stray tracks, though it's a short one. So here it is. If you enjoyed her debut album, this is very much in the same vein.

I already had posted some of the rare tracks on this deluxe edition release through my stray track albums from that time period. So I skipped all those. However, I did include two alternate versions of songs I've posted elsewhere: "Something Is Calling You" and "Peace." I felt those versions were different enough and interesting enough to be worthy. I also included two versions of the same song here, "What Am I to You." The second version, at the end, is done acoustically, and again is interesting enough for inclusion.

This album is 33 minutes long.

01 What Am I to You (Norah Jones)
02 Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most (Norah Jones)
03 Walkin' My Baby Back Home (Norah Jones)
04 World of Trouble (Norah Jones)
05 Something Is Calling You [Alternate Version] (Norah Jones)
06 What Would I Do (Norah Jones)
07 A Little at a Time (Norah Jones)
08 Fragile (Norah Jones)
09 Peace [Alternate Version] (Norah Jones)
10 What Am I to You [Acoustic Version] (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15132959/NorahJ_2001-2002_Frgile_atse.zip.html

I've made a ton of album covers that are photos of the pretty face of Norah Jones. I thought I'd try something different this time, so I Googled her name plus the word "art" and found this image. It was made by Mulyadi Burham. All I did was crop it and add the text.

17 comments:

  1. I love Jones' voice and her piano playing. I also like how she jumps around genres, trying everything from punk to country. Lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Looking forward to the Little Broken Hearts reissue and Live At Allaire Studios version. I hope she releases a digital version too since it's a record store day vinyl only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Allaire Studios version will be streamed online on Norah's Facebook next Tuesday at 1PM ET.

      Delete
  3. thanks! I'm also lookin for the live version of Little Broken Hearts from the Allaire Studios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with that one, sorry.

      Delete
    2. It was just released three days ago : )

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately but not surprising the LP doesn't include a download code so someone will need to rip the vinyl to digital. https://www.discogs.com/release/26860898-Norah-Jones-Little-Broken-Hearts-Live-At-Allaire-Studios

      Delete
    4. Yes, it's a record day store exclusive release. I bought one copy, but I'm waiting for it to arrive.

      Delete
    5. Interesting. But I don't like to post an album that's just been officially released. I don't want to cut into sales.

      Delete
    6. I know.
      By the way, it's a limited release, only 2500 copies for the USA, and I don't know how many for the rest of the world. I think, sooner or later, this will be released in different formats.

      Delete
  4. Paul, I don't know if you are interested in Norah's podcast, in each episode she and her guest play 4 or 5 songs, all live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen some of those on YouTube. But it's a pain in the rear to grab just the songs from all the talking. If you want to do that, or someone else does, that would be a big help to me. Then I could put them together into albums.

      Delete
    2. Ok, let me see what I can do. At this point, I think there are some 50-60 tracks.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. That's much appreciated.

      Delete
    4. Well, finally I gave myself the time to work on Norah's podcast. I have counted 146 musical performances in 30 episodes, 107 of those performances are new entries in Norah's historic catalogue, only 26 were oficially released. In most of the songs Norah plays the piano/keyboard and sings harmonies or background vocals. Following Norah's career is such a pleasure!! What would be the easiest way to share all of this material with you, Paul?

      Delete
    5. Wow, great stuff. Thanks. You can send me the lot at my email: thompson22 @ runbox.com (remove the spaces). In how many of those does she sing lead vocals, alone or in a duet?

      Delete
    6. Ok, thanks! I'm in the process of making that list of songs where Norah sings the lead vocals or duets with her guest. There are some gems and the recording quality is different to her home recordings of 2020.

      Delete