Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Bonnie Raitt - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: In Concert, Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, Britain, 11-7-1998

A while back, I posted an album of Bonnie Raitt playing a concert for the BBC in 1976. As I was fixing dead links yesterday, I came across that one and decided I needed to rename it to "BBC Sessions, Volume 1," because I have since come across three other BBC concerts she did after that. So I have renamed it. You can get that here:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2022/08/bonnie-raitt-bbc-concert-old-grey.html

But it's odd to have a "Volume 1" without at least a "Volume 2," so I'm posting this one too. The other two will follow eventually.

Boy, did things change between her 1976 BBC concert and this one, 22 years later. He career was revitalized in a big way with her 1989 album "Nick of Time," and her sales soared. This concert focuses on that later phase in her career, with arguably her three biggest hits, "Thing Called Love," "I Can't Make You Love Me," and "Something to Talk About."

The sound quality is fantastic; no worries there.

The one snag about this album is that it's only 54 minutes long, whereas most concerts she did were closer to an hour and a half. But that's common for radio broadcasts of concerts. This one was probably cut down to fit into an hour long time slot.

01 Love Letter (Bonnie Raitt)
02 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
03 I Believe I'm in Love with You (Bonnie Raitt)
04 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
05 Lovers Will (Bonnie Raitt)
06 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
07 Round and Round (Bonnie Raitt)
08 Something to Talk About (Bonnie Raitt)
09 I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt)
10 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
11 Come to Me (Bonnie Raitt)
12 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
13 Thing Called Love (Bonnie Raitt)
14 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
15 Tell It Like It Is (Bonnie Raitt)
16 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
17 Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15168206/BonniR_1998_BBSessionsVolume2InConcrtShephrdsBshEmpire__11-7-1998_atse.zip.html

The cover photo isn't from this concert. But at least it's relatively close in space and time. It was taken in Earl's Court, London, the previous month.

No comments:

Post a Comment