Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Belinda Carlisle - Belinda Live, Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA, 5-25-1988

Belinda Carlisle was the main lead singer of the Go-Go's. (And she sometimes still is, with reunions.) She was even more successful with a solo career. I'm not as much of a fan of that, as she went in more of a slick, middle of the road direction that didn't suit her as well, in my opinion. Still, she did have some good solo hits.

I wouldn't be posting this except for the fact that I stumbled across a video while looking for Go-Go's stuff. It's a DVD that was released as part of a 2009 special edition of her 1987 album "Heaven on Earth." I didn't see it existing in audio format anywhere, so I converted it to mp3s and broke it up into song tracks.

This is a good time for a Belinda Carlisle concert, in my opinion. She arguably reached her commercial peak with the "Heaven on Earth" album, and its Number One hit "Heaven Is a Place on Earth." But she still wasn't that far removed from her time with the Go-Go's (they broke up in 1984). So this is a good mix of solo and Go-Go's songs. 

Since making this, I noticed that a live album from her 1988 tour was released for Record Store Day in 2022. However, that one doesn't have a single Go-Go's song on it, probably for contractual reasons. So I prefer this, even though it's shorter overall.

This album is just one second longer than exactly one hour.

01 I Feel Free (Belinda Carlisle)
02 Mad about You (Belinda Carlisle)
03 Lust to Love (Belinda Carlisle)
04 I Get Weak (Belinda Carlisle)
05 Fool for Love (Belinda Carlisle)
06 Circle in the Sand (Belinda Carlisle)
07 World without You (Belinda Carlisle)
08 Nobody Owns Me (Belinda Carlisle)
09 Our Lips Are Sealed (Belinda Carlisle)
10 Vacation (Belinda Carlisle)
11 Heaven Is a Place on Earth (Belinda Carlisle)
12 Love Never Dies (Belinda Carlisle)
13 Head Over Heels (Belinda Carlisle)
14 We Got the Beat (Belinda Carlisle)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15109415/BelindaC_1988_TowrTheatreUpperDarbyPA__5-25-1988_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken at the San Remo Festival in Italy in 1988.

1 comment: