Sunday, April 23, 2023

Midnight Oil - BBC in Concert, Wembley Arena, London, Britain, 5-12-1990

I recently posted a Midnight Oil concert from 1985. I said then I found two BBC concerts by the band, but they were short with merely good sound quality, so I wasn't going to post them. That's still true, but I'm happy to say that I've found another BBC concert that is a full concert with great sound quality, and from right at their peak of popularity. Here it is.

Actually, the bit about great sound quality wasn't entirely true. When I found this bootleg, I thought the lead vocals were too low in the mix. But I was able to use an audio editing program to fix that. So now it does sound great.

I also discovered another problem: there are two popular versions on the Internet, and they have different song lists. I found the correct song list, which consists of all of the songs from one version, and just two extra songs from the other one (which misses some from the first version). So I've combined the two to create the full concert. I believe the two songs from the other source are "Lucky Country" and "Only the Strong." They had a different level of cheering from the others, so I patched in more cheering at the ends of those. 

Midnight Oil is known for almost always doing all their own songs.  But in this concert they did two covers: "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" and "Know Your Product."

This concert is an hour and 26 minutes long.

01 King of the Mountain (Midnight Oil)
02 talk (Midnight Oil)
03 Dreamworld (Midnight Oil)
04 River Runs Red (Midnight Oil)
05 talk (Midnight Oil)
06 Warakurna (Midnight Oil)
07 Read about It (Midnight Oil)
08 The Dead Heart (Midnight Oil)
09 Best of Both Worlds (Midnight Oil)
10 Koskiusko (Midnight Oil)
11 Power and the Passion (Midnight Oil)
12 Lucky Country (Midnight Oil)
13 Only the Strong (Midnight Oil)
14 Beds Are Burning (Midnight Oil)
15 Bedlam Bridge (Midnight Oil)
16 Forgotten Years (Midnight Oil)
17 talk (Midnight Oil)
18 [What's So Funny 'bout] Peace, Love and Understanding (Midnight Oil)
19 Hercules (Midnight Oil)
20 talk (Midnight Oil)
21 Know Your Product (Midnight Oil)
22 Blue Sky Mine (Midnight Oil)

https://www.imagenetz.de/hMhVU

The cover photo comes from an unknown 1990 concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment