Friday, April 28, 2023

Joan Armatrading - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: In Concert, Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, Britain, 6-27-1992

Last year (November 2022 specifically), I posted a 1981 BBC concert by singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading. At that time, I knew she did another one, in 1991, but I was unable to find it. I put it on my SoulseekQT want list, and after all these months I was finally able to get it. So here it is.

Armatrading actually did some other BBC shows that I know of. But those were in the 1970s, before she had built up a bunch of well known songs. By the time of this concert though, she had quite a few of those. The Glastonbury Festival is a very big deal, with audiences of more than 100,000 people. So she played a tight set, with almost no talking between songs, of her best material. Three of the songs came from her most recent album, 1992's "Square the Circle." Unfortunately, she didn't include "Wrapped Around Her," which was the sole hit from the album in Britain.

The sound quality is as good as you'd expect from the BBC.

This album is 56 minutes long.

01 Crazy (Joan Armatrading)
02 I'm Lucky (Joan Armatrading)
03 Down to Zero (Joan Armatrading)
04 True Love (Joan Armatrading)
05 Someone's in the Background (Joan Armatrading)
06 Can I Get Next to You (Joan Armatrading)
07 Love and Affection (Joan Armatrading)
08 talk (Joan Armatrading)
09 Drop the Pilot (Joan Armatrading)
10 Kissin' and A-Huggin' (Joan Armatrading)
11 Show Some Emotion (Joan Armatrading)
12 Me, Myself, I (Joan Armatrading)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15175692/JoanArm_1992_BBSessionsVol2InConcrtGlastnburyFestivl__6-27-1992_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from a 1992 concert, but I don't know which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment