Monday, April 24, 2023

Madness - BBC Sessions, Volume 6: 2012-2017

This is the sixth BBC album from Madness that I plan on posting, and also probably the last. This ends in 2017, and I haven't come across any BBC material dating after that. They're still in existence as I write this in 2023 though, so one never knows for sure.

I found a full BBC concert from 2012, and at first I was going to post all of that. But I decided that it was quite similar to the 2009 concert I already posted as "Volume 5." The only difference was a section in the middle where they played a bunch of new songs. So instead, I only selected those new ones. Then I found more BBC from 2014, 2016, and 2017. Some were in front of a live audience and some were not, so this is a mix.

The sound quality is excellent throughout. However, for a few of the songs, a BBC DJ (Chris Evans) spoke over the endings. I used the audio editing program UVR5 to wipe his voice while keeping the music. Those are the songs with "[Edit]" in their titles.

Most of the songs here are originals, but there are a few interesting covers: "You Keep Me Hangin' On," "Kooks," "Sunny Afternoon," and "Shop Around." Also, most of them are originals that were new at the time, but they included some older hits: "House of Fun," "It Must Be Love" (which also is a cover, by the way), "Embarrassment," and "Cardiac Arrest." Note that "My Girl 2" is a totally different original song than their old hit "My Girl."

This album is an hour and five minutes long.

01 My Girl 2 (Madness)
02 talk (Madness)
03 Never Knew Your Name (Madness)
04 talk (Madness)
05 La Luna (Madness)
06 talk (Madness)
07 How Can I Tell You (Madness)
08 talk (Madness)
09 Kitchen Floor (Madness)
10 talk (Madness)
11 Misery (Madness)
12 talk (Madness)
13 Death of a Rude Boy (Madness)
14 The Last Rag and Bone Man (Madness)
15 You Keep Me Hangin' On (Madness)
16 Kooks (Madness)
17 House of Fun [Edit] (Madness)
18 Mr. Apples [Edit] (Madness)
19 It Must Be Love [Edit] (Madness)
20 Sunny Afternoon (Madness)
21 Embarrassment (Madness)
22 Blackbird (Madness)
23 Cardiac Arrest (Madness)
24 Shop Around (Madness)
25 Herbert (Madness)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15164847/Madns_2012-2017_BBSessionsVolume6_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken during the closing ceremony of the Olympics in London in 2012. A few of the band members are further to the sides and were cropped out.

1 comment: