Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - Soulful Covers, Volume 3: 2012-2016

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been having some computer trouble. Let's see if this works and gets posted correctly.

I've posted two previous albums in this series. This is the third and last. As I mentioned before, the basic idea is that Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings released an album of cover versions recently, after almost never putting cover songs on their albums. But they missed many covers they did over the years, so this collects all the good ones I could find.

Eight out of the 11 songs here remain officially unreleased. Most of those come from concert performances. But the sound quality remains high just the same. I kept a high standard and didn't include any songs that were somewhat rough.

Sadly, Sharon Jones died of cancer in 2016, so that's why this series ends in that year.

01 Goldfinger (Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings)
02 I Ain't Got Nothin' but the Blues - Do Nothin' 'Til You Hear from Me (Joe Jackson with Sharon Jones)
03 I Heard It through the Grapevine (Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings)
04 It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World (Ed Turner & Number 9 Rock and Soul Revue with Sharon Jone)
05 What's Going On (John Legend & Sharon Jones)
06 Bring It on Home to Me (Tedeschi Trucks Band with Sharon Jones & Doyle Bramhall II)
07 Tell Mama (Tedeschi Trucks Band with Sharon Jones & Doyle Bramhall II)
08 Sing a Simple Song - I Want to Take You Higher (Tedeschi Trucks Band with Sharon Jones & Doyle Bramhall II)
09 The Letter (Tedeschi Trucks Band with Sharon Jones & Doyle Bramhall II)
10 Midnight Rider (Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings)
11 Every Beat of My Heart (Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15249597/SharonJns_2012-2016_SoulfulCovrsVolume3_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo comes from the SXSW festival in 2013.

2 comments: