Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Jorma Kaukonen - Home Concerts 2, Fur Peace Ranch, Pomeroy, OH, 4-18-2020 to 4-25-2020

As I posted yesterday, I had a hard drive crash and a lot of data I had is now permanently lost. Thankfully, my music collection is stored on a different hard drive. This close call has given me a new appreciation for my music blog. If I did have a disaster and lose my music collection, at least a good portion of the unique parts of it would be here on this blog. So I'm going to focus even more on trying to post the music that hasn't been collected in the way I've collected it elsewhere.

This album is a case in point. Jorma Kaukonen has done a ton of home concerts since the pandemic began, usually once a week, sometimes solo and sometimes as part of Hot Tuna. He's still at it. But those concerts have included long question and answer sessions, as well as guest spotlights, neither of which I'm interested in. Plus, he tends to play a lot of the same songs. So this blog is probably the only place were you can find his home concerts boiled down to just the essential music and banter, without song repeats.

As a personal quirk, I've gotten bored with many of the covers he does, especially his covers of religious Rev. Gary Davis songs. So I've cut way down on those, and focused more on his original songs. I think he's underappreciated as a songwriter. There is the occasional cover song here, such as "Parchman Farm" and "I Know You Rider," but the vast majority are originals.

I have a few more in this series to post, especially if he continues to play more home concerts. This album is an hour and nine minutes long. I'm not sure why I made all the albums in this series over an hour long, but I did. It's been months since I made these albums, so I forget my reasoning, but I must have had some reason for it. ;)

01 Too Many Years (Jorma Kaukonen)
02 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
03 Parchman Farm (Jorma Kaukonen)
04 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
05 The Terrible Operation (Jorma Kaukonen)
06 Flying Clouds (Jorma Kaukonen)
07 Watch the North Wind Rise (Jorma Kaukonen)
08 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
09 Reenlistment Blues (Jorma Kaukonen)
10 New Song [For the Morning] (Jorma Kaukonen)
11 I See the Light (Jorma Kaukonen)
12 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
13 Ain't in No Hurry (Jorma Kaukonen)
14 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
15 Third Week in the Chelsea (Jorma Kaukonen)
16 Bar Room Crystal Ball (Jorma Kaukonen)
17 Wolves and Lambs (Jorma Kaukonen)
18 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
19 Things That Might Have Been (Jorma Kaukonen)
20 talk (Jorma Kaukonen)
21 I Know You Rider (Jorma Kaukonen)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15292182/JormaK_2020_HomeConcrts2FurPeaceRanch_4-18-2020_to_4-25-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is a screenshot taken from one of the YouTube videos of the home concerts contained here.

No comments:

Post a Comment