Sunday, December 27, 2020

Norah Jones - Lady Secret - Non-Album Tracks (2016-2017)

I've been so busy posting Norah Jones's 2020 home concert material that I've fallen behind posting her earlier material. So here's another one of her stray tracks albums. Hopefully by now I've posted so much of her music that I don't have to keep repeating myself that her non-album material is more varied and interesting, in my opinion, so you might like this even if you aren't a big fan of her well-known hits.

The song "Lady Secret" is a great example of why her stray tracks are more varied and interesting than her album material. I love her willingness to try just about anything. This is a comedic song done as part of a trio. The words are very funny, and the video is great too. (Search for it on YouTube.)

Another example of her variety here is that she does a solo acoustic guitar version of "It's Raining Tacos," a novelty song by Parry Gripp. I have no idea why she did that song, of all songs, but it probably had something to do with the fact that she had some young kids at the time. It's a good example of how she'll try all sorts of things if not on album, whereas she plays it safe with what she puts on her albums.

Four of the songs here are officially unreleased (not counting the bonus tracks). But I'm maintaining a high level of sound quality, so those four sound just fine. As for the two bonus tracks, "You Don't Know How It Feels" is fairly rough, but I wanted to include it as a bonus track since it's such a great Tom Petty song. "Hickory Wind" sounds better, but just barely missed the cut.

This album is 43 minutes long.

01 Time to Move On (Norah Jones with Kristen Wiig)
02 Move Along (Candles with Norah Jones)
03 You Are So Beautiful (Charles Lloyd & the Marvels with Norah Jones)
04 It's Raining Tacos (Norah Jones)
05 It's Not Christmas 'Till You Come Home (Norah Jones)
06 Unchained Melody (Norah Jones)
07 Bad Wind Blowing (Jack Grace & Norah Jones)
08 Lady Secret (Norah Jones, Sarah Oda & Tarriona Tank Ball)
09 Ripple (Norah Jones)
10 Love Has No Pride (Tedeschi Trucks Band & Norah Jones)
11 Black Hole Sun (Norah Jones)

Hickory Wind (Norah Jones & Cory Chisel)
You Don't Know How It Feels (Norah Jones with Kristen Wiig)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848911/NorahJ_2016-2017_LadySecrt_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo comes from the Petty Fest in Los Angeles in 2016. The first song and one of the bonus tracks were played at that concert. The photo was drenched in red light, and I thought that looked cool,so I used it without making any changes.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info...good luck...Happy 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. In light of what happened to PJ's blog, I'm thinking I need to make a change soon before the same thing happens to me. It's very disturbing that his entire blog was taken down without a warning that would happen first. Not only that, but he just told me they deleted a second blog he had at the same time, even though it only contains some album reviews!

    I'm thinking I should move my blog to somewhere else that's safer. Maybe even set up my own server. But I don't know anything about what my options are. If you have any advice, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad PJ's Blog got taken down. His and your blog aren't hurting anybody so far as I can see. They're not taking away sales because the albums don't exist in the first place.
    Hopefully your won't suffer a similar fate but in case I can't find you again if you are taken away, thanks for all you've don and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know if you're familiar with the Midnight Cafe blog but he dealt with similar concerns a bit ago and ended up making the site private with restricted access where you have to request to register and then login each time. Maybe an extreme solution but seems like it has been successful in keeping it out of the spotlight so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems extreme. I hope it doesn't come to that.

      Delete
  5. Re; this problem, does anyone know about having a website hosted in a country that doesn't care much about copyright law? Some place like Vanuatu? I came across this article yesterday:

    https://legalbeagle.com/6780679-countries-copyright-laws.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, thanks for the info about pj... I wondered what happened to him. ...and thanks for the new link. Take care and I hope 2021 is better than 2020 for all of us. Burt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a bummer these are two of my favorite blogs. The private blog is not a bad solution.

    ReplyDelete