Friday, May 22, 2020

Norah Jones - Home Concerts 4, New York City, 5-7-2020 to 5-21-2020

When it comes to home concerts during the coronavirus pandemic, Norah Jones is continuing to kill it. She records about one "mini-concert" each week, with the occasional song or two added in. This consists of three mini-concerts plus one stray song.

I don't have a lot to say about this. If you've enjoyed the three home concerts of hers I posted already, you'll enjoy this one too. I've noticed that sometimes she's talkative and sometimes she isn't. For the first two mini-concerts here, she hardly said anything between songs. But for the third one, she had some comments between each song. For each of her talking tracks between songs, I boosted the volume considerably because her voice can be a very quiet whisper.

Jones has a new album called "Pick Me Up Off the Floor," which is due to be released in June 2020.  But although she's doing some songs that are new for her, they don't line up with the song titles for her new album. For instance, she calls "Tryin' to Keep It Together" a new song, but it doesn't seem to be on her new album. (Apparently, it will be a bonus track for the album.) She also performs the standards "I'll Be Seeing You" and "The Nearness of You." Most of the other songs are from her previous albums.

This album is 44 minutes long.

Oh, I edited "December" because she started the song, made a mistake, and then tried again. I stitched together part of the false start to make a complete version.

01 Feelin' the Same Way (Norah Jones)
02 talk (Norah Jones)
03 Tryin' to Keep It Together (Norah Jones)
04 Begin Again (Norah Jones)
05 Chasing Pirates (Norah Jones)
06 Little Broken Hearts (Norah Jones)
07 The Nearness of You (Norah Jones)
08 I'll Be Seeing You (Norah Jones)
09 talk (Norah Jones)
10 Were You Watching (Norah Jones)
11 talk (Norah Jones)
12 Don't Know What It Means (Norah Jones)
13 talk (Norah Jones)
14 December [Edit] (Norah Jones)
15 Back to Manhattan (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15634020/NorahJ_2020_HomeCncerts4__5-7-2020_to_5-21-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover art is a screenshot from one of the home concerts featured here. Once again, I had to erase the wall decoration just behind her head, because in my opinion it could be confused for something attached to her hair.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    "Tryin' to Keep It Together" will be a bonus track in her new album. Only available in deluxe editions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you didn't include "Were You Watching?", she played the song yesterday. Any reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have missed it. In fact, I still don't see it. Can you point me to that performance?

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7GqKwY_dYk

      the first song in this video.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I must have gotten confused. I had that, but it was mislabelled "Back to Manhattan," another song she did that that. I just fixed it, so now there's one more song than before.

      Delete
    4. Great! thank you once again.

      Delete