Saturday, December 3, 2022

Ron Sexsmith Update

In 2020, I posted two albums of Ron Sexsmith playing Kinks songs on YouTube. At the time, I had eight more songs for a planned Volume 3. But it's been two years and he hasn't played any more Kinks songs since then. Instead, he's mostly been posting original material. So I've decided to take those eight extra songs and rearrange things so they fit on Volumes 1 and 2. Thus, this isn't a new album posting per se, but there's about 20 minutes more music on those than before.

Here's the link to Volume 1:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2019/12/ron-sexsmith-ron-sexsmith-sings-ray.html

And Volume 2:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2020/01/ron-sexsmith-ron-sexsmith-sings-ray.html

2 comments:

  1. Hate to do it to you, but there's one more great one from the year before your volumes begin: Ron playing "This Is Where I Belong" for the title track to a 2002 Ray Davies tribute collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned in my write-up that I didn't include songs like that because they're with a full band and all of these are solo acoustic.

      Delete