Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Neville Brothers - Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans, LA, 10-31-1991

I'm a fan of the Neville Brothers. Since I'm focusing on posting BBC material lately, I wanted to see if they did anything for the BBC. They did. There's an hour-long concert from 1989. However, the ideal year for a concert, in my opinion, would be 1991, because my favorite album of theirs is "My Brother's Keeper" released in 1991. I didn't find any great bootlegs from that year. However, I found an excellent video of a 1991 concert on YouTube. So I've converted it to mp3 tracks and I'm sharing it here.

This concert has a lot of advantages over the 1989 BBC concert. For one thing, it's significantly longer. I also prefer the song selection. Plus, Dr. John shows up and sings one of his best songs, "Right Place, Wrong Time."

The band released a live album in 1994 called "Live on Planet Earth." That's a good one, but I think this concert is at least its equal. Despite coming from a YouTube video, the sound quality is excellent.

This album is an hour and 30 minutes long.

01 Hey Pocky Way - Walk on Gilded Splinters (Neville Brothers)
02 talk (Neville Brothers)
03 Voodoo (Neville Brothers)
04 Mojo Hannah (Neville Brothers)
05 talk (Neville Brothers)
06 My Brother's Keeper (Neville Brothers)
07 talk (Neville Brothers)
08 Sitting in Limbo (Neville Brothers)
09 My Blood (Neville Brothers)
10 It Feels like Rain (Neville Brothers)
11 Everybody Plays the Fool (Neville Brothers)
12 talk (Neville Brothers)
13 Love the One You're With - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Neville Brothers)
14 talk (Neville Brothers)
15 Ju Ju Sax [Instrumental] (Neville Brothers)
16 Sister Rosa (Neville Brothers)
17 talk (Neville Brothers)
18 Yellow Moon (Neville Brothers)
19 talk (Neville Brothers)
20 Brother Jake (Neville Brothers)
21 When You Go to New Orleans (Neville Brothers)
22 Right Place, Wrong Time (Neville Brothers & Dr. John)
23 Amazing Grace (Neville Brothers)
24 talk (Neville Brothers)
25 Rivers of Babylon (Neville Brothers)
26 Down by the Riverside (Neville Brothers)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15598570/TNevilleB_1991_MuniciplAditoriumNwOrleans__LA__10-31-1991_atse.zip.html

The cover is a screenshot I took from the YouTube video of this exact concert.

3 comments:

  1. no download possible ? 😲
    As the link isn't working (for me), I would be happy to see reup of this concert. Any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fixed the link. But your post is very concerning for me, because I just checked, and it looks like about 10% of all the Imagenetz links have died lately. Sigh! I've got some more fixing to do.

      Delete