Monday, December 5, 2022

Buffalo Springfield - Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Great Stage Park, Manchester, TN, 6-11-2011

Buffalo Springfield seems like "ancient" musical history to me, something that happened before I was born. So, in my opinion, it's pretty amazing that the band reunited for some concerts in 2010 and 2011. Nothing has ever been officially released from this reunion. There aren't even any great sounding soundboard bootlegs. But there is this one audience bootleg that sounds almost as good as a soundboard.

However, the sound still was a bit lacking to me. So I used the audio program X-Minus to improve it by boosting the lead vocals relative to the instruments for all the songs. I think it sounds noticeably better now. It's hard to tell this isn't a soundboard. I even went through each song and got rid of most of the "woo-hoo" shouts and clapping that took place during the songs.

Note that not all the original members were part of the reunion. Bassist Bruce Palmer died in 2004, and drummer Dewey Martin died in 2009. But the three key members were the singer-songwriters Stephen Stills, Neil Young, and Richie Furay, and they all took part in the reunion, so it was a legit one in my book. It's great they were able to recreate the magic of this band, if only for a short time.

By the way, all the songs are edited, as I explained above, but the song "Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It" has "[Edit]" in the title because I did some extra work on that one. There was a chunk of the song missing, from the middle of the first verse until the middle of the first chorus. Luckily, the first verse was repeated later in the song, so I was able to patch in a fix.

This album is an hour and 29 minutes long.

01 On the Way Home (Buffalo Springfield)
02 Rock and Roll Woman (Buffalo Springfield)
03 Burned (Buffalo Springfield)
04 talk (Buffalo Springfield)
05 A Child's Claim to Fame (Buffalo Springfield)
06 talk (Buffalo Springfield)
07 Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It [Edit] (Buffalo Springfield)
08 talk (Buffalo Springfield)
09 Go and Say Goodbye (Buffalo Springfield)
10 I Am a Child (Buffalo Springfield)
11 Hot Dusty Road (Buffalo Springfield)
12 talk (Buffalo Springfield)
13 Kind Woman (Buffalo Springfield)
14 Mr. Soul (Buffalo Springfield)
15 Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing (Buffalo Springfield)
16 Bluebird (Buffalo Springfield)
17 Sad Memory (Buffalo Springfield)
18 Broken Arrow (Buffalo Springfield)
19 talk (Buffalo Springfield)
20 For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)
21 Rockin' in the Free World (Buffalo Springfield) 

https://www.imagenetz.de/cEaxF

The cover photo comes from the exact concert in question. The fancy band name font comes from a concert poster from the same year.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! I think they only did half a dozen shows and this was the longest. Looking forward to your improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's be honest. This is the greatest music blog on the 'Net. If you can point me to somewhere that's better than this, I'd be surprised. Many thanks to the very hard work put into it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this gem. I did not have a chance to see this show and this is the best option available. Thanks for all you do for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes this feels like it's a full time job for you! :) But it's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to fulfill a dream of seeing Buffalo Springfield live when the wife and I got so see this concert at the Wiltern Theater and even tho the amount of money spent on tickets was monumental, it was so worth it. I've said many times to friends that I contend that the Springfield were America's answer to the Beatles in terms of their advancement of music composition and performance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul,
    Thanks for the improvements in this one! I deleted the version I found elsewhere and put yours in its place!

    ReplyDelete