Friday, December 2, 2022

Chris Isaak - Change Your Mind - Non-Album Tracks (1996-2007)

It's strange, but I actually prefer these Chris Isaak stray tracks collections I've made more than most of his studio albums. That's the same with Norah Jones for me. I suspect it's because these artists stick to certain expectations and styles on their own albums, but let their hair down and do more varied things when it comes to stray tracks.

This album is a case in point. It still has that distinctive Chris Isaak sound. Many of the songs are originals, and it sets a sad, romantic mood much of the time. Yet he covers a bunch of interesting songs from Cheap Trick ("I Want You to Want Me") to Judy Garland ("Over the Rainbow")!

All but three of the songs here are officially released. Six come from B-sides. Another is from a best of, and most of the rest are from soundtracks or various artists compilations. The two unreleased ones are "Get Rhythm" - from a TV tribute to Johnny Cash, "Devil in Disguise" - from a TV tribute to Elvis Presley, and an acoustic band version of "Solitary Man" - from a concert broadcast on TV. All three of those TV sources sound better than most bootlegs, so there's high sound quality all through this album.

I have one more stray tracks album from him to post. Then I have some acoustic stuff from him.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 Change Your Mind (Chris Isaak)
02 The Little White Cloud that Cried (Chris Isaak)
03 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Chris Isaak)
04 Eyes of Texas (Chris Isaak)
05 So Lovely Is the Night (Chris Isaak)
06 Everyone Gets Down (Chris Isaak)
07 Fast N' Slow (Chris Isaak)
08 Get Rhythm (Chris Isaak)
09 Winter Waves (Chris Isaak)
10 It Wouldn't Be the Same without You (Chris Isaak)
11 Devil in Disguise (Chris Isaak & LeAnn Rimes)
12 Besame Mucho (Chris Isaak)
13 Solitary Man [Acoustic Band Version] (Chris Isaak)
14 I Want You to Want Me (Chris Isaak)
15 Over the Rainbow (Chris Isaak & Jerry Lee Lewis)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15129166/ChrisIsk_1996-2007_ChangeYourMindVariousSongs_atse.zip.html

The cover image comes from a concert poster from this time period. It was rectangular shaped, as most posters are, but I cropped the bottom portion, and brought the bottom jagged edge up.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Paul I would love to get this one... but Zippy keeps timing out on this one for me. Could you check it or re-up it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was doing something weird to me too. I just changed the link.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul it came in great this time around!

      Delete