Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Bangles - What I Meant to Say - Non-Album Tracks (1984-1989)

I've posted an album that covers the Bangles' stray tracks from 1981 to 1983. This one carries on to 1989, the year the Bangles broke up (only to reunite about ten years later).

This album is a grab bag of all sorts of things. It includes hit songs ("A Hazy Shade of Winter") as well as unreleased live tracks, B-sides, demos, soundtrack songs, and so on. Note that the first five songs plus "I'm Not Talking," "A Hazy Shade of Winter," and "Creeque Alley" are covers. "Happy Man Today" is a band original, but apparently was only ever played in concert.

There are two songs by "Rainy Day," which was a "supergroup" of sorts of members from various Paisley Underground bands coming together for a one-off album of covers of beloved 1960s songs. Bangle Susanna Hoffs sings lead on just two of the songs on that album, so those are the two I've included here.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 7 and 7 Is (Bangles)
02 Where Were You When I Needed You (Bangles)
03 I'll Keep It with Mine (Susanna Hoffs & Rainy Day)
04 I'll Be Your Mirror (Susanna Hoffs & Rainy Day)
05 Going Home (Bangles)
06 I Got Nothing (Bangles)
07 Walk like an Egyptian [Acapella Mix] (Bangles)
08 I'm Not Talking (Bangles)
09 Happy Man Today (Bangles)
10 A Hazy Shade of Winter (Bangles)
11 Waiting for You [Demo] (Bangles)
12 Everything I Wanted (Bangles)
13 What I Meant to Say (Bangles)
14 Eternal Flame [Demo] (Bangles)
15 Creeque Alley (Bangles)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15127565/TBangls_1984-1989_WhtIMeanttoSay_atse.zip.html

I made the cover art based on a publicity photo from 1987.

1 comment:

  1. One additional song popped up on the download that's not on the playlist-- "Waiting For You". Just wondering where this should fit in sequentially with the rest of the playlist.

    ReplyDelete