Friday, September 14, 2018

Paul Weller - Circles - Non-Album Tracks (1999-2001)

A new Paul Weller studio album, "True Meanings," has been released today. I've only heard it once so far, but I already can tell it's one of his better ones. I hope you support good musicians and buy it.

To celebrate, it's time to post more from my long series of Weller's stray tracks. This covers studio songs from 1999 to 2001.

The songs are the usual grab bag of covers, B-sides, and other. The first song, funnily enough, is from a tribute album to his first group, The Jam, despite the fact that he was the main singer and songwriter in that band. The last two songs are from a Steve Marriott tribute concert.

The album is from the time he released his official album "Heliocentric." Three of the songs are B-sides from singles off that album. That album wasn't that well received. I think this album is about as good, if not better.

01 All You Need Is Love (Paul Weller)
02 No One in the World (Paul Weller)
03 Back in the Fire (Paul Weller)
04 There's No Drinking After You're Dead ['Noonday Underground' Remix] (Paul Weller)
05 Bang Bang [My Baby Shot Me Down] (Paul Weller)
06 Helioscentric [Instrumental] (Paul Weller)
07 Circles [Instant Party] (Paul Weller)
08 Better [Demo] [Early Version of Rip the Pages Up] (Paul Weller)
09 Become like You (Paul Weller)
10 I'm Only Dreaming (Paul Weller)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16376648/PAULWLLR1999-2001Circls_atse.zip.html

I made the cover art from a 2001 Weller bootleg.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So download it. I just checked the link, and it still works.

      Delete
  2. These Weller collections of yours are the best. Thank you! I hope we can see a new installment of 2019 rarities to the present. :-)

    ReplyDelete