Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Clash - The Cost of Living - Non-Album Tracks (1979-1980)

I've been having some trouble with my laptop lately. I can still type okay, but it's becoming increasingly hard for me to use Photoshop. So I think until I buy a new laptop (hopefully in the next week or two), I'll post here without album covers (unless one can be used easily without changing much, such as this one).

As I said in my last post, there are enough Clash stray tracks for three albums. Here's the second of the three.

I'm calling this album "The Cost of Living" because the Clash put out an EP with that name in 1979. But, in fact, only the first four songs are from that. And one of those, "Capitol Radio Two," is a rerecording of the song "Capitol Radio" from the first stray tracks album I posted here (but it's different enough to merit inclusion, including having a slightly different name).

The rest of the songs come from a variety of different sources. Most are A- or B-sides, but there are also a few outtakes from the "London Calling" and "Sandinista!" albums.

01 I Fought the Law (Clash)
02 Groovy Times (Clash)
03 Gates of the West (Clash)
04 Capital Radio Two (Clash)
05 Armegideon Time (Clash)
06 Heart and Mind (Clash)
07 Bankrobber (Clash)
08 Stop the World (Clash)
09 King of the Road (Clash)
10 Blonde Rock and Roll (Clash with Ellen Foley)
11 Every Little Bit Hurts (Clash)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15105204/TClas_1979-1980_CostoLiving_atse.zip.html

The cover is just the cover of "The Cost of Living" EP, except with the word "EP" removed from the title.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the computer problems. On a brighter note this looks like another fun one. Big Thanks!

    ReplyDelete