Friday, August 24, 2018

Paul Weller - Changes - Non-Album Tracks (1993-1995)

Yesterday, I posted "More Wood," an official album that gathered up stray tracks from Paul Weller's "Wild Wood" era, but is out of print now and was only ever released in Japan.

This album collects all the remaining full-band stray tracks from 1993 to 1995 that are not already on "More Wood." That covers both the "Wild Wood" and "Stanley Road" eras. I also have another album covering the same time period, but all acoustic songs.

"Wild Wood" and "Stanley Road" are probably Weller's best selling and most critically acclaimed solo albums. It's interesting to consider that he was so prolific with good songs then that there's enough material for one official stray tracks album and then two more!

Note that there is a called "Changes" on the deluxe edition of "Wild Wood." But it's definitely the same song as "Blink and You'll Miss It" on Weller's 2005 album "As Is Now.." So I call it "Blink and You'll Miss It (Changes)." I included it because the two versions are different and there are many years between them. I've also given the album the title "Changes," because I couldn't think up a better one.

Weller has always done good covers of other people's songs. Six of the songs here are covers.

01 Blink and You'll Miss It [Changes] [Demo] (Paul Weller)
02 I'm Only Dreaming (Paul Weller)
03 Ohio [Demo] (Paul Weller)
04 Oh Happy Day (Paul Weller)
05 Greetings (Paul Weller)
06 Sexy Sadie (Paul Weller)
07 I Shall Be Released (Paul Weller)
08 Come Together (Paul Weller & the Smokin' Mojo Filters)
09 A Year Late (Paul Weller)
10 Steam [Instrumental] (Paul Weller)
11 Everyone Must Have a Purpose (Paul Weller)
12 I'd Rather Go Blind (Paul Weller)
13 My Whole World Is Falling Down (Paul Weller)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15191571/PaulW_1993-1995_Chnges_atse.zip.html

I made the cover art from artwork related to the "Out of the Sinking" single.

1 comment: