Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Robyn Hitchcock - Fegmania - Acoustic Versions (1985)

This is a follow-up to my last post. Both cover 1985, the year Robyn Hitchcock released the album "Fegmania." The previous post was an album of stray tracks from that year. This album contains acoustic versions of as many songs from "Fegmania" I could find.

There are 12 songs on "Fegmania." It's a fairly rocking album, the first one Hitchcock did with the Egyptians, so not all of the songs lend themselves to acoustic versions. But I was able to find good acoustic versions for eight of them.

In addition, I found an acoustic version of the album track "Another Bubble," but I didn't think the sound quality is up to snuff with the rest of the songs. So I've only included it as a bonus track. Keep it if you wish, or don't.

The other seven songs here are acoustic versions of the songs on my 1985 stray tracks album I just posted, "Victorian Squid."

01 Egyptian Cream [Demo] (Robyn Hitchcock)
02 I'm Only You (Robyn Hitchcock)
03 My Wife and My Dead Wife (Robyn Hitchcock)
04 Goodnight I Say (Robyn Hitchcock)
05 The Man with the Lightbulb Head (Robyn Hitchcock)
06 Insect Mother [Demo] (Robyn Hitchcock)
07 Glass (Robyn Hitchcock)
08 Heaven (Robyn Hitchcock)
09 The Bells of Rhymney (Robyn Hitchcock)
10 Some Body (Robyn Hitchcock)
11 Dwarfbeat (Robyn Hitchcock)
12 Victorian Squid (Robyn Hitchcock)
13 Birdshead (Robyn Hitchcock)
14 I Got a Message for You (Robyn Hitchcock)

Another Bubble (Robyn Hitchcock)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15271834/RobynH_1985b_FegmanAcousticVersions_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used the cover of the "Man with the Lightbulb Head" single. Clearly, it's a drawing done by Hitchcock. I've changed the text in the speech bubbles. Previously, the bubbles read: "You're too late!" and "I've come to turn you on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment