Saturday, August 11, 2018

Paul McCartney - C Moon - Non-Album Tracks (1972-1973)

I got a request to post more Paul McCartney music. I don't want to post music from too many artists at once or things will get too confusing. (I still have lots of artists I haven't begun to post material from.) But I've already posted one McCartney stray tracks album, so I'll start gradually working through others.

McCartney is another one of those artists who has tons of great songs that never got on any of his proper studio albums. As a result, I've made a whole series of stray tracks albums, with each one typically covering a few years of his long solo career. 

This one covers 1972 to 1973. (More of 1973 is covered on the next one in the series.) During this time, McCartney released several singles with songs on them that he didn't put on his albums at the time, including classics like "C Moon," "Hi, Hi, Hi," and "Live and Let Die ." Additionally, there are some bonus tracks, unreleased songs from bootlegs, and the like.

Note that I don't bother with clarifying which songs are by "Paul McCartney," Paul and Linda McCartney," "Paul McCartney and Wings," or just "Wings." Let's face it: it's basically all just Paul McCartney. There are a few cases where his wife Linda or other Wings members (especially Denny Laine) wrote and/or sang good songs, so I've included those when they were good enough. There's two examples of that here, a Linda McCartney song called "Seaside Woman," plus a song done jointly by Paul and Denny ("I Lie Around").

Personally, I think this album is better than some of the albums he released at the time, such as "Wild Life" or "Red Rose Speedway."

01 Give Ireland Back to the Irish (Paul McCartney)
02 Mary Had a Little Lamb (Paul McCartney)
03 Hi, Hi, Hi (Paul McCartney)
04 C Moon (Paul McCartney)
05 Seaside Woman (Linda McCartney & Paul McCartney)
06 Best Friend [Live] (Paul McCartney)
07 The Mess (Paul McCartney)
08 Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney)
09 Mama's Little Girl (Paul McCartney)
10 Jazz Street [Instrumental] [Edit] (Paul McCartney)
11 I Lie Around (Paul McCartney & Denny Laine)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15259126/PaulMcC_1972-1973_CMon_atse.zip.html

I found this picture without any words on it. But I also found a version that was used as the cover of the "Junior's Farm" single.

5 comments:

  1. https://i.imgur.com/Fe1amxr.png

    Heres my cover for C Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Thanks. I could use that. But don't you want to have McCartney's name there too? That seems like a must to me. And why the exclamation mark?

      Delete
    2. By the way, you posting that artwork remains me I should post my next album in the McCartney series. That one is going to be called "Junior's Farm." I'll try to get to that later today.

      Delete
    3. Well, I notice that most Wings release didn't have the band name on them so I followed suit. Also, I wanted it to be exciting!

      Delete
    4. Oops, I forgot to reply to this. I understand your reasoning, but still, I think it would be better to have McCartney's name on it. Could you make that change? Then I'll post it up.

      Delete