Friday, August 24, 2018

Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm - Non-Album Tracks (1973-1975)

Here's the next in my series of stray tracks from Paul McCartney's long career. As with the other albums in the series, I've gathered all the good songs I could find from both officially released and bootleg sources that weren't on any of the official albums of the time. But McCartney is very prolific; this isn't absolutely everything; only the good stuff.

Note the curious case of the song "Wide Prairie." The original, unedited version was about 10 minutes long and has several distinct parts to it. McCartney later edited it down to highlight sections sung by his wife Linda, and put that on a posthumous album of Linda's music also called "Wide Prairie." I didn't like those parts. In some cases I can handle her limited singing abilities, but this wasn't one of those cases. So I edited the song down, but in a different way that more emphasizes Paul's contributions.

The one big hit here is "Junior's Farm," so that's what I made the title. There's another hit song that wasn't officially on an album, "Helen Wheels." It came out as a single before the release of the great "Band on the Run" album in 1973. It wasn't released on the British version of that album, but it was released on the US version. Then, before long, it was added to the British version too. So I assume that if you're a McCartney fan at all, you'll have "Band on the Run" with that song on it. Thus I didn't include it here.

01 Country Dreamer (Paul McCartney)
02 Wide Prairie [Edit] (Paul McCartney & Linda McCartney)
03 I Would Only Smile (Denny Laine with Paul McCartney)
04 Oriental Nightfish (Linda McCartney with Paul McCartney)
05 Junior’s Farm (Paul McCartney)
06 Sally G (Paul McCartney)
07 Zoo Gang [Instrumental] (Paul McCartney)
08 Let's Love (Paul McCartney)
09 Blackpool (Paul McCartney)
10 All of You (Paul McCartney)
11 Soily (Paul McCartney)
12 My Carnival (Paul McCartney)
13 Lunch Box - Odd Sox [Instrumental] (Paul McCartney)
14.4th of July (Paul McCartney)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15259160/PaulMcC_1973-1975_JnirsFrm_atse.zip.html

For the cover I used the exact cover of the "Junior's Farm" single.

1 comment:

  1. 'The Zoo Gang' was a British crime drama series from the 70's, starring Barry Morse and John Mills, and McCartney wrote the theme tune for it. I've always thought it was a great tune, and made sure it was on my own compilation.

    ReplyDelete