Friday, June 22, 2018

Fleetwood Mac - Acoustic Blues - Non-Album Tracks (1968-1969)

As I worked through organizing all of Fleetwood Mac's stray tracks, I came across more songs for 1968 and 1969 than could reasonably fit on one album per year. I tired to figure out how to sort them out, and realized that one album's worth of songs were all done in the acoustic format, with no drums, and nearly all of those were blues songs. Thus, this album.

I think it makes for a good listen. It sets a mood, while also showing off Peter Green's guitar playing ability.

Four of the songs are actually technically not Fleetwood Mac, but Green playing with someone named Duster Bennett. I've included them here in part because Green sings on all of them, but also because these have been included on a Fleetwood Mac compilation ("Jumping at Shadows - The Blues Years").

The last song is from a concert, but I removed the crowd noise to make it fit with the other studio tracks.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 You're So Evil (Fleetwood Mac)
02 Worried Mind (Fleetwood Mac)
03 Trying So Hard to Forget (Peter Green & Duster Bennett)
04 Two Harps (Peter Green & Duster Bennett)
05 Kind Hearted Woman (Peter Green & Duster Bennett)
06 Coming, I'm Coming (Peter Green & Duster Bennett)
07 Leaving Town Blues (Fleetwood Mac)
08 Love It Seems (Fleetwood Mac)
09 Do You Give a Damn for Me [Early Version of Showbiz Blues] (Fleetwood Mac)
10 Although the Sun Is Shining [Demo] (Fleetwood Mac)
11 Early Morning Come (Fleetwood Mac)
12 My Sweet Baby (Fleetwood Mac)
13 World Keeps on Turning (Fleetwood Mac)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15115735/FleetwodMc_1968g-1969_AcoustcBlues_atse.zip.html

I wanted to use a photo of Fleetwood Mac playing acoustically, or at least Peter Green with an acoustic guitar, but I couldn't find anything like that. So I used one of Green with an electric guitar from that era.

No comments:

Post a Comment