Friday, June 1, 2018

Dusty Springfield - On TV and Radio, Volume 6: 1969-1970

Here's still more of Dusty Springfield's alternate career, playing songs on TV or the radio that she never put on any studio recording.

Dusty had soul! If you don't think so, just check out her cover of Jackie Wilson's "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher." And it took a lot of chutzpah to cover the Jackson Five's "I Want You Back." As usual, she nails it. She does show her more schmaltzy side here with some songs, such as her duets with Tom Jones and Burt Bacharach, but it's top notch schmaltz. ;)

The only officially released songs from this album are: "I Say a Little Prayer," "To Love Somebody," and "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher."

Note that one song here, "Those Blues - Goin' to Chicago" is a medley that was edited from an even longer medley. Right were Springfield stopped singing, the Osmond Brothers took over. The youngest Osmond at the time, who looked to be about five years old, had a solo spot that traumatized my ears. I've saved you from sharing that trauma, unless you think it's "cute" when little kids wail out of key. I edited this so the final chord rings out, hopefully giving the song a sense of completion.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 Just Walk in My Shoes (Dusty Springfield)
02 Morning Please Don't Come (Dusty Springfield & Tom Springfield)
03 Ain't Nothin' but a House Party (Dusty Springfield)
04 I Say a Little Prayer (Dusty Springfield)
05 Love Is like an Itching in My Heart (Dusty Springfield)
06 You've Made Me So Very Happy (Dusty Springfield)
07 Those Blues - Goin' to Chicago [Edit] (Dusty Springfield & Andy Williams)
08 Melting Pot (Dusty Springfield & Cilla Black)
09 [Your Love Keeps Lifting Me] Higher and Higher (Dusty Springfield)
10 To Love Somebody (Dusty Springfield)
11 I'll Never Find Another You - Georgy Girl - A World of Our Own (Dusty Springfield)
12 I Want You Back (Dusty Springfield)
13 Knowing When to Leave (Dusty Springfield)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15835415/DstySpr_1969-1970_OnTVRdioVolme6_atse.zip.html

I'm not sure exactly when the cover photo is from, but I'd guess around 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment