Monday, June 4, 2018

Beck - Totally Confused - Non-Album Tracks (1994)

As I mentioned previously, Beck was so prolific in the 1990s that for each album he put out in that decade, there's at least another album of original songs.

That's especially the case with 1994, when he first broke big with his hit single "Loser." This album contains only songs done with a full band, which were mostly released on B-sides. I have an entire other album I'll be posting soon of original Beck songs from 1994 that were done acoustically. And that doesn't include his acoustic performances on the KCRW radio station in the 1990s, which are worthy albums on their own in my opinion, so I'll be posting those too.

Note that the last two songs are from 1995, but I included them here because they didn't fit elsewhere.

Also note that two of the songs here are variants of songs on his 1994 album "Mellow Gold." But I'm including them here because I felt they're significantly different. One is "Soul Suckin' Jerk [Reject]," which is two minutes longer than the "Soul Suckin' Jerk" on "Mellow Gold," and has different lyrics. The other is "Got No Mind," which is a variant of "Pay No Mind (Snoozer)."

If you like "Mellow Gold," you'll definitely like this.

01 MTV Makes Me Wanna Smoke Crack [Lounge Version] (Beck)
02 Corvette Bummer (Beck)
03 Alcohol (Beck)
04 Fume (Beck)
05 Soul Suckin' Jerk [Reject] (Beck)
06 In a Cold Ass Fashion (Beck)
07 Assikzz Powergrudge [Payback '94] (Beck)
08 Got No Mind [Pay No Mind] [Snoozer] (Beck)
09 Totally Confused (Beck)
10 Casio [Good Stuff] (Beck)
11 Flavor, Part 2 (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion with Beck)
12 Glut (Beck)
13 Untitled [We Are Bacteria] (Beck)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15124582/BeckH_1994c_TotallyConfusd_atse.zip.html

The cover art is based on a rare variant of the cover art for the "Loser" single. I only added some text at the bottom. I picked the album title from one of the song titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment